Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Goldberg - Speculating what is Next? ☆Spoilers☆

Options
  • 18-01-2018 8:17pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So we know WWE Hall of Fame is calling:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/953175228623941633

But what about a run in Japan?

Apparently Meltzer said this:
    I don’t expect anything to happen right now, given Bill Goldberg is going into the WWE Hall of Fame and usually that requires signing a short-term deal, but he was in talks with New Japan about coming in for big shows.

Of all people to again become part of wrestling world I never expected it to be Bill Goldberg, he had a great run on his return, probably better than Rock and easily better than Batista or Sting.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

DM_7 wrote: »
    So we know WWE Hall of Fame is calling:

https://twitter.com/WWE/status/953175228623941633

But what about a run in Japan?

Apparently Meltzer said this:

Of all people to again become part of wrestling world I never expected it to be Bill Goldberg, he had a great run on his return, probably better than Rock and easily better than Batista or Sting.

he had a great run on his return last year but done very limit in work but age/health and opponent has to come into question as regards what can be done

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

He wont be working for NJ anytime soon. Going into the WWE HOF means signing at least a short term WWE contract. Also Meltzer isn't great with regards news from Japan, just look at how easily Omega worked him re his contract last year. He generally just reports whatever the Bucks and his other sources tell him

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

If anyone watched that WWE documentary on him, he feels he has to be in the shape he was at his peak to do himself justice; he was killing himself in training to do those matches with Brock and Owens. I suspect they would have to offer him a very sweet deal to tempt him to come back for another run. It might not be a bad idea from the company's point of view though because they are negotiating a new TV deal in the near future and Goldberg's return did boost the ratings last time around. Matches with Cena or Reigns would seem to be the biggest possible at this point.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I know they'd be short matches but I'd love to see him come back to fight Cena and or Reigns , Or even Strowman

• Registered Users Posts: 37,911 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I love the promo he done on last year's raw after mania bacisally scared the rowdy crowd ****less

• Advertisement
Advertisement