Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cotters Track Days

Options
  • 18-01-2018 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Delighted to see that Cotters have decided to keep up the track days at Mondello.

I hadn't had the chance to do one before and following the unpleasantness that some tw*t decided to unleash on some Cotters staff last year, I was gutted when they said they weren't going to bother again. Booked in now for 30th April and can't wait.

Any tips from anyone who has done them before (I'm a complete novice)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Chiorino wrote: »
    Delighted to see that Cotters have decided to keep up the track days at Mondello.

I hadn't had the chance to do one before and following the unpleasantness that some tw*t decided to unleash on some Cotters staff last year, I was gutted when they said they weren't going to bother again. Booked in now for 30th April and can't wait.

Any tips from anyone who has done them before (I'm a complete novice)?

What happened last year ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

D3V!L wrote: »
    What happened last year ?

Some twat gave out to simon about the trackday being canceled because someones engine shat oil and petrol all over the allready wet track.

Wasnt Cotters fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

Some twat gave out to simon about the trackday being canceled because someones engine shat oil and petrol all over the allready wet track.

Wasnt Cotters fault.

Well twats will be twats

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

Not only gave out to him but chewed him out of it in front of his kids I believe. Bad form and completely understood why he wasn't going to bother again. Who needs that crap?

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭jay48

Get there early so you can chill out and not be under pressure , drop your tyre pressures , I run 32f 30r on bridgestone s20 s . Fill up in Caragh or Prosperous on your way and again at lunchtime . Take your time and build up your pace , there will be plenty of lads there doing their first trackday so get talking to them and you can compare hero stories when you get back in . Don't be afraid to ask for instruction , that's what the lads are there for , they'll happily bring you around and talk through anything that you ask . The main thing is to relax and enjoy the day .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

How do you book these?

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Chiorino

lennymc wrote: »
    How do you book these?

www.cottermc.com/track-days

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭paulieeye

if its pissing rain on a track day do you still go out and just take it handy?

paulieeye wrote: »
    if its pissing rain on a track day do you still go out and just take it handy?

Yes and no,thats what full wets are for,but thats only the more experienced track and race lads with dedicated track/race bikes who will have wets with them.

Most people will go out on their roadbikes with road tyres in the wet and take it handy-ish.

If its too wet then the sessions will be stopped for safety reasons.

Both Cotters Trackdays were great success.
    Loved doing both of them

Next Cotters Trackday is over in Anglesey in Wales on August 2nd-3rd.:)

453267.jpg

453268.jpg

453269.jpg

453270.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement