Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something to plug into a TV that RTE Player works on?

Options
  • 18-01-2018 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

Hi, I am hoping someone will have personal experience and be able to answer this one for me. I am looking for a device that plugs into a TV and the RTE player works on it. Sounds simple but I ran into problems because the RTE Player apparently doesn't work on a lot of android devices. The TV itself is a smart TV with the RTE Player as one of the stock apps, but it doesn't work (plays the ads, then screen goes black). I tried accessing it from the browser but it requires flash which I cant install. A quick google tells me that the RTE Player isn't a very stable app and there are loads of devices it just doesn't work on so I'm hesitant to buy something only to find that the RTE Player doesn't work on it either.

Does anyone know of some media streaming device that can plug into a TV and the android player work?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭floatwinner

What model TV is it? Try uninstalling and reinstalling RTE Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭piplip87

Its a fairly brutal app. Wouldn't go buying anything for it. If you have a laptop, just plug in via HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Your phone depending on the model. You can get cables for a tenner on amazon that will let you plug your phone into your tv. If your phone model allows this feature it's very easy to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭Puteq

Thanks for the suggestion all. Actually this is for a friend who is extremely untechnical so i want to keep it as simple as possible. The TV is a Samsung, but the app is a stock app that comes with the TV so it wont let me uninstall. I don't want to go the route of recommending casting from a phone since that restricts to one user who happens to be there at the time, e.g. if the person casting to the TV decides to leave the house someone else would have to start casting from their phone etc. I want to avoid a laptop for the same reason, ideally I'm hoping to buy something (with the ability to play apps from the android store) that can be plugged into the TV and stay there

Thanks for all the suggestions tho, dont wanna be too picky but I'm just hoping for a 'set it and forget it' solution ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭granturismo

Search this thread https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057446012 for a box that has google play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,513 ✭✭✭Villa05

Xbox 360 or one will work with rte player

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Villa05 wrote: »
    Xbox 360 or one will work with rte player

RTE player was pulled for Xbox.

Advertisement