Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nephin Mountain Mayo

Options
  • 18-01-2018 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I am going to climb Nephin very soon, I overheard two people talking the last day.

One guy said since they built the new ESB substation access into the mountain proper is easier. he went on to say before this it was a long walk across bog to get to the climb its-self.

Question: Does anyone know detail of this route ?

* I posted this is the Mayo forum, Mods if you feel the need to remove because of duplication please do.

Comments

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

6541 wrote: »
    Hello,

I am going to climb Nephin very soon, I overheard two people talking the last day.

One guy said since they built the new ESB substation access into the mountain proper is easier. he went on to say before this it was a long walk across bog to get to the climb its-self.

Question: Does anyone know detail of this route ?

* I posted this is the Mayo forum, Mods if you feel the need to remove because of duplication please do.

The route I'm familiar with is in from the north and it's the route used for the IMRA race. Here's a basic map of it: https://www.imra.ie/events/maps/id/1586/

The first kilometre or so is indeed boggy, but it's not too bad in my experience.

Advertisement