Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kit for Charity

Options
  • 17-01-2018 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

Is there any schemes going like Kit for Africa?
    Somewhere we can donate used cycle clothes.

I know Matt Brammeier was doing something, is there anything in Ireland?

Would prefer to do that rather than just give stuff to local charity shop.

Comments

Qhubeka would be the big one in terms of bikes for africa but really don't know if they have a presence here. I'd have a few bits myself too say the least I would like to see go somewhere like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭cunavalos

Finnrocco wrote: »
    Is there any schemes going like Kit for Africa?
    Somewhere we can donate used cycle clothes.

I know Matt Brammeier was doing something, is there anything in Ireland?

Would prefer to do that rather than just give stuff to local charity shop.

Brammeier's Kit appeal was done via Africa Kit Appeal and Fitzcycles in Stillorgan was an Irish Drop off point.

The website mentions the 2017 kit appeal started last October so may still be ongoing. Contact details are listed here
    https://www.africakitappeal.com/ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Luxman

That link didn't bring to where I thought it would :-). But the Attaquer brand seem to have an active page which tells you to post unwanted kit off to Australia if you want to donate stuff. I have a small amount of items I would love to donate.

I see from the original post from 2016 (I think) that Marrey Bikes in Mayo were involved but may no longer be active in accepting stuff.

Advertisement