Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unsure of my Career Choice/Next Move?

Options
  • 17-01-2018 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29

Hi everyone. I am graduating with a B.A. (Hons) in Applied Social Care in June. The thing is....I'm not so sure I want to do it as a career anymore. Now that reality is hitting me, and the comfort of college is almost at an end, I realize that I am going to have to go out into the real world and work in this job.

I haven't a clue what area of social care I want to go into. I don't even know if I'll be any good at it. What if I'm completely terrible and ruin someones life! Then, there is the issue of getting a job after college. Is there many jobs in social care in Ireland at the moment? Even without experience?

A few people in my class are thinking of retraining as nurses. I've considered it but there would be no funding available. Also, I'm not sure if I'd be willing to commit another four years of my life to college work.

Has anyone ever been in the same situation as me? Are you a graduate in social care without any idea of what you wanted to do after you left college? Would you retrain? Do you have any advice? I am quite anxious about this as I am uncertain about my life plan from here on in. Thanks.

Advertisement