Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eels new album and Iveagh gardens gig

Options
  • 17-01-2018 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭

eels are playing the Iveagh Gardens on July 6th this year as part of the world tour for new album The Deconstruction. Tickets on sale Jan 25th

Saw them on their last two visits to the Olympia, excellent live act! Looks like I'll be making three trips to the Iveagh Gardens this summer!

Full tour dates

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

oooh nice, is it a loud one or a quiet one?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,449 ✭✭✭blastman

No idea, I presume it will depend on the new album, we'll have to wait and see how that turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Hey folks. I can’t find any info on supporting act(s) or stage times for this evening. Alanis was on at 8 last night if that’s any indication. Anyone heard anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭beecee

Hey folks. I can’t find any info on supporting act(s) or stage times for this evening. Alanis was on at 8 last night if that’s any indication. Anyone heard anything?

@that1guy - 7.40pm
    @THE_EELS - 8.30pm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

beecee wrote: »
    @that1guy - 7.40pm
    @THE_EELS - 8.30pm

Brilliant. Thanks. Out of curiosity where did you find out? I’ve searched high and low!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Brilliant. Thanks. Out of curiosity where did you find out? I’ve searched high and low!

They just put it up on Twitter

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Big mac and fries

Wow, that was a brilliant gig, great mix of songs from all albums and the sound was perfect. E is such a great performer, I love the way they rearrange the old songs over the years

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I was really disappointed with this gig, and felt it was the weakest of all their performances I’ve seen. For me, they just felt lost in the Iveagh Gardens and the sound levels were, I don’t know, too amplified to compensate for the open area. E’s voice is still incredible though.

Wow, that was a brilliant gig, great mix of songs from all albums and the sound was perfect. E is such a great performer, I love the way they rearrange the old songs over the years

Yeah, really thought it was an amazing gig. Some setlist, they really do have a brilliant back catalogue. Think the band sounds as tight as I've ever heard them.

Advertisement