Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many years of Back to Education Allowance can you receive?

• 17-01-2018 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,
    After 2 years of having to drop out after 1 year of college, and being on and off JA and jobs here and there, in September I will qualify for BTEA. I checked many many times to make sure I qualify and I do, but my question is for how long? As in, the course I want to study is QQI level 5, and has progression to a QQI level 6. From lvl 6 there is possibility of progressing straight to the 2nd year of a third level course (lvl 7 or 8, I assume). Will that qualify for BTEA since there's progression or is there a limit on how many years they'll pay you?

If I do get straight into 2nd year after the lvl 6 course, I think I qualify for SUSI again, since I only used 1 out of 4 years of it, but I'm wondering about BTEA anyway.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 luke2222

All i know is that with the Back To Education you must progress each year, so for example if you did a level 5 course you then must do a level 6 , the same goes if you started at level 7 you must go onto level 8 , if you did a course at level 5 and wanted to do another in a different area you wont be allowed. I think you have to be on the job seekers for 9 months to get 3rd level back to education, and 3 months for a second level education ( further education , generally level 4/5 courses )

Advertisement