Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timber Frame Cost

Options
  • 16-01-2018 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

We are looking to start building a house in the next few months, I was wondering what the timber frame cost option would be for 2000sq ft bungalow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Timber frame for that size house would probably range between 45,000 - 70,000 ballpark range.

Would depend on the type of timber frame or company you go with. Also the house design would alter the costs...i.e. open plan areas would require structural steel, large glazing areas, layouts etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Senor Frog

delfagio wrote: »
    Timber frame for that size house would probably range between 45,000 - 70,000 ballpark range.

Would depend on the type of timber frame or company you go with. Also the house design would alter the costs...i.e. open plan areas would require structural steel, large glazing areas, layouts etc.

Would that include the cost of construction and if so to what stage? Thanks for info

• Registered Users Posts: 376 ✭✭delfagio

Senor Frog wrote:
    Would that include the cost of construction and if so to what stage? Thanks for info

Those costs I mentioned in my previous post above include supply and fit, so that means the cost of manufacturing the timber frame in a factory and then delivery to site and the assembly on site.

The cost for foundation's wouldn't be including in that, typically that's not in a timber frame companies remit.

All other costs to complete the build after the timber frame is erected are separate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭autumnbelle

Does it work out much cheaper to go timber frame?

Advertisement