Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great western Greenway

Options
  • 16-01-2018 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭

anyone have the elevation of this thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,428 ✭✭✭Gerry

I don't remember any significant hills until getting to achill. I'd be more concerned with getting a nice day for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,103 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Planning to run it with a westerly wind
    Achill to westport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭Hungrycol

I did the Greenway cycle from Mulranny to Newport during the summer with wife and three young kids (5,8,9). We were staying in Westport, drove out to Newport, got a supplied bus to Mulranny and cycled back to the car in Newport. There were no hills to speak of, and if my 5 y.o. can do it and approx 18k then anyone can.

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭loudymacloud

seanin4711 wrote: »
    Planning to run it with a westerly wind
    Achill to westport

there is one hill on the way into Westport, but thats it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,289 ✭✭✭positron

I did about half of that couple of weeks ago - Westport, Newport, half way to Mulranny and back. A few short climbs around Westport, otherwise it isn't too bad. See elevation below:

https://www.strava.com/activities/1322895536

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Peterx

seanin4711 wrote: »
    anyone have the elevation of this thanks

https://www.strava.com/activities/1060070344

Newport to Westport has 110m of climb so I guessimate that Achill to Westport is about 360m of climb (based on the above activity having 600m of climb)

Advertisement