Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability allowance review

Options
  • 15-01-2018 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I got disability allowance last year and was wondering is this reviewed on a yearly basis can anyone let me know when I applied my doctor stated that my condition is likely to be up to a year I have had stereo radio therapy for an Avm on my brain and I suffer from depression since any information welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭hawthorne

They might call you in for an assessment from time to time. They do it quite frequently if you are on DB- but very much less often if you are on DA. There are no regular yearly reviews.
    However, if the doctor said that your condition lasts for about a year, they will probably call you in for a review as soon as one year is over. They have you on a computer file and a "red flag" will come up in time. It all depends on the amount of people being in the system. There are not enough medical doctors around for all the assessments needed. A good few people are only assessed on a file basis by a deciding officer. They will not be called in at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Aido33

hawthorne wrote: »
    They might call you in for an assessment from time to time. They do it quite frequently if you are on DB- but very much less often if you are on DA. There are no regular yearly reviews.
    However, if the doctor said that your condition lasts for about a year, they will probably call you in for a review as soon as one year is over. They have you on a computer file and a "red flag" will come up in time. It all depends on the amount of people being in the system. There are not enough medical doctors around for all the assessments needed. A good few people are only assessed on a file basis by a deciding officer. They will not be called in at all.

Thanks for the for the info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

I've been on it for eight years and haven't been reviewed, but my condition was listed as lasting indefinitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I've been on it for eight years and haven't been reviewed, but my condition was listed as lasting indefinitely.

But does it prevent you from taking up any work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

Gatling wrote: »

Yes, of course. It wouldn't have been awarded if it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Gatling wrote: »

You cant take up any work, only approved rehabilitative work

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

WicurP wrote: »
    You cant take up any work, only approved rehabilitative work

That's changing but not what I asked at all

• Registered Users Posts: 3,917 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Normally every 2.5 - 3 years it’s reviewed.

Advertisement