Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apartment Water Damage from Outside - MC's problem?

Options
  • 14-01-2018 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I bought an apartment last year. I had a survey done and he stated the following:

"In the bedroom adjoining the kitchen accommodation there is evidence that occasional light water penetration may be occurring at the right-hand corner of the window, possibly arising from rainwater breaches at the external reveals. The window openings should be monitored for any reoccurrence of this problem which should it occur will be a matter for the property management company to address."

It didn't look TOO bad so we touched it up, filled it in and had the room painted.

It seems the water/damness is there there however, as he polyfilla gets crumbly after a month or so (see attachmet, thats when I just push in with my finger.

My question is should I push this to the management company? They are generally pretty unhelpful, and I certainly don't want to get whacked with the 500-5000 euro excess for any damage.

I appreciate all help with this matter!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,683 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Can you review from outside or is that window at a height with no balcony

• Registered Users Posts: 846 ✭✭✭April 73

We had water ingress because of overflow from blocked guttering. The management company initially fobbed us off but we had an inspection done and they admitted it was their responsibility. They cleared the gutters & repaired our wall.

Contact the management company with that report & photos & start the ball rolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 twiga

listermint wrote: »
    Can you review from outside or is that window at a height with no balcony
    The window is on the first floor and is fairly high so would be hard to review. No balcony sadly (though hardly missed in Galway. :) )
    I suppose there is no harm in emailing and getting the ball rolling as April73 said...

Advertisement