Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tour down Under

Options
  • 14-01-2018 6:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭

Was hoping to watch this as usually it's on Sky and I have Sky and es for football and cycling, the two loves of my life, since the wife left.

Poxy Eir sport have the coverage this year and I refuse to give that shower a penny of my hard earned savings

Comments

Posted in another thread Freesport are showing it in the UK on satelite, not sure if thats available here or not :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Derrydingle

Is it not eurosport this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

You can tune in the skybox to get the freesports channel
    Freesports 11426 V 27500 .:

Or you can reset the box with the card removed and it will bring up a UK epg with freesports on channel 424.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 kevingonewest

Looks like it is on Freesports at 1am

Some clips from the womens race and Sundays race finish, featuring the legendary Phil Liggett

And team sky being pulled by the local police and lectured after some marginal traffic gains :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,043 ✭✭✭✭neris

rte sports news saying Sam Bennets last on GC, dropped his chain and had no team car nearby and lost a heap of time trying to fix it himself

Bennett 3:36 down , thought I recall reading last week on cyclingnews he was to be the favoured sprinter at this.

Highlights of the stage.

Freesports, Stage 1 came on 2am, bit too late for me. Their schedule shows a replay, tomorrow at 9.30am, it is live again 12.30am Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

Freesports, Stage 1 came on 2am, bit too late for me. Their schedule shows a replay, tomorrow at 9.30am, it is live again 12.30am Thursday.

If this is free to air, is there a standard channel number ?

If this is free to air, is there a standard channel number ?
    Not as such, not till you assign it. It is a new station and you will have to find it before adding to your Favourites. It is probably on the satellite you are using. Go to Menu, Satellite List, pick the one you are presently using and Scan. Freesports should be in there. If not repeat above and choose another satellite from the list.

• Advertisement

Not as such, not till you assign it. It is a new station and you will have to find it before adding to your Favourites. It is probably on the satellite you are using. Go to Menu, Satellite List, pick the one you are presently using and Scan. Freesports should be in there. If not repeat above and choose another satellite from the list.

Rescanned, took a while. Then started going through channels 1 by 1 and gave up. There isn't a search facility and there are about 1000. If I had a number that was even close I could look around it

Rescanned, took a while. Then started going through channels 1 by 1 and gave up. There isn't a search facility and there are about 1000. If I had a number that was even close I could look around it
    I found mine on Turksat 2A/3A. You may have a word search option.

I think Cannondale should have went with pink bikes to match the jerseys looks terrible with green bikes and maglia rosas :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

you can input tuning manually, its on the normal astra satellite

frequency: 11.426
    polarisation: V
    Symbol rate: 27500
    FEC: 5/6

Its also on Sky UK at channel 424. (I think you need to reset box for this though).

What happened Sam Bennett , over 18 minutes down now. Was it a lumpy stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭gmacww

Probably a mix of two things. I've only watched highlights now not the full race so some of assumptions here.

1. The route likely didn't suite him. Ewan just about hung on on the last climb. The ending was 4 laps so it was 4 hill climbs. The gorilla got dropped on the last lap so I'd imagine Bennett was dropped on a previous lap.

2. He was sick leading into this race so I'd say on anything other than a pan flat course he's still suffering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭happytramp

Is it just me or does Sam seem to be sick an unusual amount?

happytramp wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. And I wonder is it down to driving himself really hard in training or something else

• Registered Users Posts: 16,653 ✭✭✭✭dahat

happytramp wrote: »

If he spent time in Ireland before he left for Australia he quite likely picked up that nasty flu type virus going around, lucky to be there at all if he did.

dahat wrote: »
    If he spent time in Ireland before he left for Australia he quite likely picked up that nasty flu type virus going around, lucky to be there at all if he did.

Yes but I don't think happytramp is referring to just this case, there is a track record of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Just wondering if it's being covered on TV?if so what channels.cheers

mentioned in the other thread, Eir Sports 1 and Freesports on freeview.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Sorry.close thread please

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

Yes but I don't think happytramp is referring to just this case, there is a track record of it

I think he just doesn't travel well.....he seems to be sick at the start of a lot of races......Like the Giro last year.

Some people are more susceptible to local changes such as food or water....and can get sick....you hear it a lot with holiday makers

40+ temperatures 2 days in a row. Sportive tied to stage 4 was cancelled and the race started an hour earlier. Haas saying after todays stage he didn't know where he was at one point. Porte looking ok but Sagan looked great, climb not hard enough to shake him near the end

Sagan wins, he can sprint on these Aussie climbs cycled up by the usual GC guys. I don't see why he doesn'tt go for GC and let McCarthy work for him instead. Afterall, Sagan apparently up for a lap of honour or a bit of manual labour after a day's racing in 40+ Centigrade

Highlights listed for next friday at 7 on Eurosport 2.

EDIT: Waiting for racing to start and have the stream on in the background which is Ozzy mid morning talk show and ads , feels so wrong to be drinking a beer with that on :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,475 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Watched all of that for the first time. Was enjoyable and not the same commitment as a GC which is nice.
    Pity the heat cut short some potentially interest laps at end of stage 3.

• Advertisement
Advertisement