Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Film Board of Canada query

Options
  • 14-01-2018 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

I am trying tofind a memory. I've always known the name the National Film Board of Canada, but do you know when RTE stopped showing their films. I was born in 1995, and in the late 90s/early 2000s, I have a strange semi-memory of seeing their stuff possibly on RTE but may have been BBC2, but can't remember what. Was it used as filler as late as then?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

I am trying tofind a memory. I've always known the name the National Film Board of Canada, but do you know when RTE stopped showing their films. I was born in 1995, and in the late 90s/early 2000s, I have a strange semi-memory of seeing their stuff possibly on RTE but may have been BBC2, but can't remember what. Was it used as filler as late as then?

I remember RTE used their films as filler a lot in the 80's, not so sure about the time period you mention. Do you remember any particular films or what they were about?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

No, I don't. I just remember the logo.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

This one:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭George White

Yes...
    Did they turn up on TG4?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I don't think so

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh