Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire in Finisklin Industrial Estate Today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭loki7777

And fire brigade was asking to not block entrance:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

look like tyres where burning in that video with all that dense black smoke . bet it smelt acrid and choking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

loki7777 wrote: »
    And fire brigade was asking to not block entrance:)

Typical irish attaude.. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

Any major damage done,does anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭T-Bird

Vlove wrote: »
    Any major damage done,does anyone know?

Extensive damage, place is destroyed. The site is closed with a big chain locking the gates. Which means that Sligo glass are blocked from entering as well because they are also in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Vlove

T-Bird wrote: »
    Extensive damage, place is destroyed. The site is closed with a big chain locking the gates. Which means that Sligo glass are blocked from entering as well because they are also in there.

ah ok, thats a shame it happened but there ya go, these things happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,710 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

bet thats a great hit for Sligo Glass not being able to access their premises - have they got temporary premises at the moment or anyone know what the score is?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭T-Bird

bet thats a great hit for Sligo Glass not being able to access their premises - have they got temporary premises at the moment or anyone know what the score is?

Actually, I passed it at lunchtime today and Sligo glass was open. I had intended to give an update when I got home because I didn't want anyone to think that that was closed as well.

The tyre place is being demolished by the looks of it.

Advertisement