Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wattbike 3 Minute Test

Options
  • 13-01-2018 9:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has already come up as I'm sure it has.. I did a Wattbike 3 Minute Test today and I would like to check how I did compared against other cyclists, if thats possible. I know there used to be a website called wattbike ranking but I see that's gone now. I am just looking to see where I compare against others.

BTW I'm not asking people to put there stats up (although feel free) I was just hoping there was a website where I could see what's possible and where i compare. Currently I can only find rowers and rugby players data through google.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Short inaccurate answer.

400W is decent.
    500W is excellent.
    600W+ is pro.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Andy Magic

Lumen wrote: »
    Short inaccurate answer.

400W is decent.
    500W is excellent.
    600W+ is pro.

That's good to know, would it be possible to compare A1 - A4 on this? Is this data available?

Also bringing weight into the equation.

Andy Magic wrote: »
    That's good to know, would it be possible to compare A1 - A4 on this? Is this data available?

Also bringing weight into the equation.
    Not really, there is a lot of overlap. Road races aren't 3 minute time trials.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Post up your stats and let the boards massive either point and laugh or acknowledge admiringly.

fat bloke wrote: »
    Post up your stats and let the boards massive either point and laugh or acknowledge admiringly.

I have no idea if this is good or bad, but here's my stats today. I'm really just looking for comparison. I know it's all about getting your zones.

https://hub.wattbike.com/session/Y6k2iG397n

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭slow

I couldn't open that Wattbike link for some reason.

Without your weight and age information, the test results are meaningless.

I've conducted a few hundred of those 3 minute tests, so have a lot of data. PM me and I'll give you the 20 second answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,367 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

6.18w/kg I'd have put that in the pro category :eek:

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

BTW I'm not asking people to put there stats up (although feel free) I was just hoping there was a website where I could see what's possible and where i compare. Currently I can only find rowers and rugby players data through google.
    They re-launched the website and took the Wattbike Ranking page away - the guy who lead in most of the "endurance" categories was though Hamish Bond (NZ Olympic Gold medal winning Rower)

Having said that all the data was manually input by users allowing me you to put anything in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

slow wrote: »
    I couldn't open that Wattbike link for some reason.

Without your weight and age information, the test results are meaningless.

I've conducted a few hundred of those 3 minute tests, so have a lot of data. PM me and I'll give you the 20 second answer.

From my limited detective skills HR 240 - Max 204 is Andy 36??
    Possibly wrong.
    Say hes a skinny person about 75kg..:pac: Fat lads wouldnt really care:D (imo)

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    6.18w/kg I'd have put that in the pro category :eek:

Not for 3 minutes it isn't!

https://twitter.com/GeraintThomas86/status/116811786166079488

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

From my limited detective skills HR 240 - Max 204 is Andy 36??
    Possibly wrong.
    Say hes a skinny person about 75kg..:pac: Fat lads wouldnt really care:D (imo)

I'm 34 and 69kg

Lumen wrote: »

So that's the bar lol, thanks for that it's good to know :D

That's some serious watts

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,324 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I'm 34 and 69kg

So 2 x age = (approx) weight

I'm not far off that formula. Presumably that means we should be able to put out similar power levels...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,460 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Beasty wrote: »
    So 2 x age = (approx) weight

I'm not far off that formula. Presumably that means we should be able to put out similar power levels...

I am overweight by 13kg, wonderful

Advertisement