Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

solo trader with two businesses

Options
  • 13-01-2018 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 486 ✭✭

Hi there,

I will be starting my own business soon but it will have two branches so for advertising purposes will have two names and two websites.

When i go to register as a sole trader, how do I manage that? Do I need to register 3 names? One for each business branch that i will market under and one as a parent name?

Or can you just simply register a simple name under your own name and then have as many websites and marketing names as you want?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Hi there,

I will be starting my own business soon but it will have two branches so for advertising purposes will have two names and two websites.

When i go to register as a sole trader, how do I manage that? Do I need to register 3 names? One for each business branch that i will market under and one as a parent name?

Or can you just simply register a simple name under your own name and then have as many websites and marketing names as you want?

thanks!

When you register you will only have the one name, say Jim Bob, and under this name all taxes will be assessed/returned.

You can have multiple names under the companies office, business name, based on the address/location of each office.

When preparing your income tax return, you'll have two scores, but both will be combined, and taxed as one in your name.

Be aware that VAT registration and thresholds cannot be segregated, and apply to you, and not the individual trades.

Your accountant should be in a position to prepare separate P&L account is for you to assess incomes etc..

Advertisement