Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSA. No more credit card charges as of today,including booking and service fees.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,868 ✭✭✭matchthis

"Just eat" showing a charge still

Any retailer affected will juat put up prices. They get charged to use the machines in shops, now with contactless, i'd say more people are using it and theyre costs have increased

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

A symbolic move only as new services charges will just be added

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

If only they'd ban the bloody 30 euro a year for having a credit card

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

What about getting rid of stamp duty on cards. That is a total ripoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

bank charges of 20 cent every time you use a debit card affects way more people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,250 ✭✭✭markpb

matchthis wrote: »
    They get charged to use the machines in shops, now with contactless, i'd say more people are using it and theyre costs have increased

It's not like handling cash is free of charge to merchants. Banks charge them for lodging cash and cheques, they also charge substantially for lodging coins. They charge for providing change to shops. Cash collection companies charge them for moving the cash around. Insurance companies charge them for the risk of holding cash in the shop. There's a cost to fitting the security measures like safes to protect the cash. Staff need to be paid to count their cash at the end of each shift. It all costs money.

Ryanairs comments in the OPs link are interesting. It sounds like they have no intention of complying unless they're forced to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Any retailer affected will juat put up prices. They get charged to use the machines in shops, now with contactless, i'd say more people are using it and theyre costs have increased

Just eat have introduced a charge for cash and card transactions, it's a way to get around it.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

kneemos wrote: »

Can I just remind you that if you are going to start a thread, a link dump is not enough. If you want a discussion, add some discussion along with the link.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

You'll still owe them 10 grand at the end of he month

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

just made a test ,on ryanair website a return random route = 69,09€ ,no card fee

i check on the app [has not update yet to show changes] same route cost less than above ,add card fee and then . . . 69,09€!

So ryanair have just increase the fare to incl card fee ,they just not show it anymore

clever fucκers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

With the recent EU mandated changes to the interbank rates, the merchant charges are actually at an all time low for people using personal cards

Advertisement