Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What then?

Options
  • 13-01-2018 4:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭

Watching the Louis Theroux documentary on Transgender children in America you have to image that at least one of these kids will end up piss off with their parents for whatever reason and end up hating them and suing them for changing their gender as children and probably bring it to the courts where kids start coming forward and claiming they didn't know at the age they agreed with their parents that they were transgender and that they were just kids and said it for any number of possibilities and the courts decide to ban people transitioning until they're 18...

What then?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

Only in America

• Registered Users Posts: 9,018 ✭✭✭Ficheall

Only in America, my arse. A friend was telling me they're teaching a class in Dublin that has four or five kids in it who are apparently undecided as to what gender they are. Monkey* see monkey do. Back in my day, I think the fad may have been goths.

(I'm not saying I don't believe that people being born the wrong gender is a thing, but I am highly sceptical that that is the case for all of the children in that one class.)

*I have no idea what colour skin the children have, lest anyone is looking to take further offence.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,987 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ROAAAR wrote: »
    Watching the Louis Theroux documentary on Transgender children in America you have to image that at least one of these kids will end up piss off with their parents for whatever reason and end up hating them and suing them for changing their gender as children and probably bring it to the courts where kids start coming forward and claiming they didn't know at the age they agreed with their parents that they were transgender and that they were just kids and said it for any number of possibilities and the courts decide to ban people transitioning until they're 18...

What then?

then it will be a good thing. for 2 reasons.
    1. one who wishes to transition needs to be mature enough and old enough to know and deal with the complexities of such a change. in my view a child is none of those and while they may know they are in the wrong body they aren't in a position to make such a complex decisian.
    2. it will remove the cases of parents pushing for transition when the child may not actually be transgender at all. a girl playing with boys toys and boys playing with girls toys for example doesn't equal transgender.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,072 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Yiz cis bollixes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Child abuse to put an underage through this.

• Advertisement

Punctuation exists for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

I've tried twice to read the mega sentence in one go now, I blame you for that!

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,673 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

ROAAAR wrote: »
    What then?

Hopefully it will cause more Judges to rule as this Judge did -

Boy 'living life entirely as a girl' removed from mother's care by Judge

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I've tried twice to read the mega sentence in one go now, I blame you for that!

Your meant to ROAAAR it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

then it will be a good thing. for 2 reasons.
    1. one who wishes to transition needs to be mature enough and old enough to know and deal with the complexities of such a change. in my view a child is none of those and while they may know they are in the wrong body they aren't in a position to make such a complex decisian.
    2. it will remove the cases of parents pushing for transition when the child may not actually be transgender at all. a girl playing with boys toys and boys playing with girls toys for example doesn't equal transgender.

Children do noy physically transition at any stage. Decisions for children to live as the opposite gender they were assigned at birth are not made by pushy parents at a whim. They are made with support from medical professionals.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

Sorry I wasn't exactly sober typing that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭ROAAAR

I think my point was though that eventually a child will grow up and bring their parents to court and people will see how dangerous it is allowing children to transition and there will be a stop put to it so why not do that now...

Slightly more sober tonight, slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,111 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Children do noy physically transition at any stage. Decisions for children to live as the opposite gender they were assigned at birth are not made by pushy parents at a whim. They are made with support from medical professionals.

What about hormone blockers? They are prescribed to young kids and seem to be presented as reversible and totally harmless. In reality, there is evidence to show that they are damaging long term. A lawsuit has already been taken against the manufacturer by women who were given the drug to stop their precocious puberty and are now suffering the effects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

There's a family in my locality in which the father has transitioned to a woman. The second eldest son in the family has also decided to transition at the age of 12. It's clear as night and day that as a very impressionable 12 year old kid he's simply mimicking the fathers carry on, which is a shame really when you think about the confusion that'll cause him later in life.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 humpsterfire

This short period of time will be looked back on as some sort of bizarre social experiment by historians.

Theres a lot of juicy things on the horizon that's gonna be a slap in the face for developed countries.

Like driving a car while listening to some eejit endlessly prattle on about their weird anxieties. You'll end up in a trance just nodding your head, no longer paying attention, "yeah"....."yeah"....."Oh really?"......"yeah"...."uh huh"....."yeah".

Then the engine starts smoking and the drivers like "right, **** this, I have to pay attention to something actually important here" and drop-kicks the whinger out of the moving car.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

I identify as post-punctuation.

Apologies for the full stop.

And that one.

Etc.

Advertisement