Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valve chest question

Options
  • 13-01-2018 1:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭

I have a valve chest on a log splitter for example
    there is flow and return and pipes to the ram.

when the handle is in the middle is the oil diverted back through the return or just stopped.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭mayota

I have a valve chest on a log splitter for example
    there is flow and return and pipes to the ram.

when the handle is in the middle is the oil diverted back through the return or just stopped.

Back through the return. The oil is circulating through the valve chest until you move the handle then the oil goes to the implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

great thanks.
    could you use that return to feed a hydraulic motor on a small conveyor . I don't want to t off the feed because it will reduce flow. return flow is less important

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭stock>

great thanks.
    could you use that return to feed a hydraulic motor on a small conveyor . I don't want to t off the feed because it will reduce flow. return flow is less important

Not on a normal valve set up but you could on one with a pressure return, why not just split the feed in to power the motor..................

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

stock> wrote: »
    great thanks.

Not on a normal valve set up but you could on one with a pressure return, why not just split the feed in to power the motor..................
    I could split it but that would reduce flow to the ram.

Probably better off having a double valve chest. And using the second lever to control the motor

Advertisement