Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next of Kin

Options
  • 13-01-2018 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone watching this?

Seems ok after first episode but I’m pretty sure that they didn’t really think about some of the logistics to well....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,666 ✭✭✭brian_t

It starts on TV3 on Monday at 9pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Started last week on ITV.

OK so if anyone watching tonight I won't give anything away but tell me if I missed something here. There she is in England speaking to her brother who is (she specified) 4 time zones away, but I think we later find out he is in Lahore in Pakistan (5 time zones away). It is the middle of the day in both places yet they are 5 hours apart!!!! It is possible but when you consider each scenario they made a mess of that. But what is really stupid she rushes home to get ready for his surprise welcome home party. So he has to get to the airport, go through security get on a 9 hour flight, come through security at the other end and make his way home... all by late afternoon!!!!!!!!

there were a few other glaring continuity errors as I watched it. It seems like a well produced show, so you would expect better.

Other than that.... it was a good show

• Registered Users Posts: 2,139 ✭✭✭leche solara

Seve OB wrote: »
    Started last week on ITV.

OK so if anyone watching tonight I won't give anything away but tell me if I missed something here. There she is in England speaking to her brother who is (she specified) 4 time zones away, but I think we later find out he is in Lahore in Pakistan (5 time zones away). It is the middle of the day in both places yet they are 5 hours apart!!!! It is possible but when you consider each scenario they made a mess of that. But what is really stupid she rushes home to get ready for his surprise welcome home party. So he has to get to the airport, go through security get on a 9 hour flight, come through security at the other end and make his way home... all by late afternoon!!!!!!!!

there were a few other glaring continuity errors as I watched it. It seems like a well produced show, so you would expect better.

Other than that.... it was a good show

I watched the first episode on TV3 last night and wondered how he was supposed to be home for the party that evening when at the time she was talking to him he was still in Pakistan. If he had been in Spain maybe, but Pakistan unlikely. Enjoyed it nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,859 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

I watched the first episode on TV3 last night and wondered how he was supposed to be home for the party that evening when at the time she was talking to him he was still in Pakistan. If he had been in Spain maybe, but Pakistan unlikely. Enjoyed it nonetheless.

glad it wasn't just me... someone else also said it to me today.

episode 2 is good, kicks it up a gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

In their defense......on the news bulletin after the party ended when the police had been there to let them know that he's missing, the news presenter does say that the identity of the bomber was confirmed yesterday as.....so that implies that the bomb and the phone call to her brother was the previous day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement