Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Useful things that you didn't know existed

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭

Today I had an exam for the first time in about 16 years and I forgot to bring a pencil case full of Biros, so I had to go to the shop to buy something to write with and I discovered that there is such a thing as ballpoint pens that you can rub out like it was a pencil.

I thought, this can't possibly be true, but I used it today, and, well, it does what it says it does.

Madness. No more tipp-ex, more half erased mistakes that are obvious to anyone who bothers to check them.

http://www.papermate.com/pens/erasable/

I paid 3 euros for my magic pen, I'll spend much more euros getting my mind un-blown

Does anyone else have any useful things that most people don't know about?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

This thread

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

A mini spatula for the end of your foundation bottle when there's a lot left around the sides and bottom but it won't pump out, 50 cent in penneys!

Double jack for headphones.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,036 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Akrasia wrote: »
    Today I had an exam for the first time in about 16 years and I forgot to bring a pencil case full of Biros, so I had to go to the shop to buy something to write with and I discovered that there is such a thing as ballpoint pens that you can rub out like it was a pencil.

I thought, this can't possibly be true, but I used it today, and, well, it does what it says it does.

Madness. No more tipp-ex, more half erased mistakes that are obvious to anyone who bothers to check them.

http://www.papermate.com/pens/erasable/

I paid 3 euros for my magic pen, I'll spend much more euros getting my mind un-blown

Does anyone else have any useful things that most people don't know about?

God help us when you discover word processors...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

God help us when you discover word processors...

please tell me more!!!

They don't let you bring your typewriter into exam centers these days for some bs reason like it gives the WW2 telegram operators PTSD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Me Mickey, till I lost three stone

21/25

• Advertisement

A mini spatula for the end of your foundation bottle when there's a lot left around the sides and bottom but it won't pump out, 50 cent in penneys!

Double jack for headphones.

Genius.

As a man, I always find it hard to get to the end of the foundations, the shovel just won't get into those corners and you don't want to make the mix too wet or it might not set properly.

uch wrote: »
    Me Mickey, till I lost three stone

Well worth it though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

this anti choking device I found online. I told my local school about it and they're buying one.

https://lifevac.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

this anti choking device I found online. I told my local school about it and they're buying one.

https://lifevac.net/

That's class.

My son had a pretty serious choking episode and my wife just about got it out in time (thankfully she'd done a first aid course not long before that covered choking).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

That's class.

My son had a pretty serious choking episode and my wife just about got it out in time (thankfully she'd done a first aid course not long before that covered choking).

My son also had a few years ago, but it only lasted 30 seconds. Its a nightmare. Luckily an oral sweep soon sorted it out, he had too much in his mouth and it backed up.

• Advertisement
Advertisement