Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I get notified when my mobile rings?

Options
  • 12-01-2018 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,626 ✭✭✭✭

I have an Amazon Echo, Hue lights and a Harmony Hub, plus an Android phone.

I often leave my phone upstairs in my work bag, rather than take it around the house with me, but on occasion might miss calls if I'm downstairs watching TV.

Is there a skill for Echo or something under IFTTT that could make the Hue lights flash downstairs when the phone rings? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

I haven't used tasker for android yet but it seems very popular for this sort of thing.
    https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/tasker-ifttt-perfect-automation-android/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭matrim

I think ifttt can detect if your phone rings when you have the app installed

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

mrcheez wrote:
    Is there a skill for Echo or something under IFTTT that could make the Hue lights flash downstairs when the phone rings?

Hi just checked

Nothing to do with Echo

Just IFTTT
    If
    Android phone (search for phone )

Select any call placed

Then on the that's
    Select Philips hue
    Select the action (blinking lights)
    Select the lights

Advertisement