Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Times......years late with their info on Posts!

Options
  • 12-01-2018 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

So the Irish Times have noticed after many years that Posts of Responsibility are no longer given to the longest serving teacher in the school!!!!!
    It was laughable hearing this on The Last Word with Matt Cooper just now.Kieran Christie ,ASTI.soon told Matt that this was old news!
    Then that fcukin wasp Ed Walsh came on spouting sh1t about teachers,never has anything good to say about the profession.Did he not retire on a BIG FAT PENSION many years ago!
    Really, what they should be discussing is the mess that is the Irish Educational system presently...................

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

At this stage ed Walsh knows as much as Donald trump with all his trolling. They bring him onto radio shows cos his misinformed diatribe gets angry teachers texting in.
    What was he on about 'head teachers'? He's confused with the UK.
    And what about the bad teachers matt... blah blahhh.
    At the rate theyre going there won't be any teachers left.
    Christy went very easy on them.
    It really falls back to the Irish Times and their anti teacher dept. aligned spin machine.
    Why this old story now?
    I can imagine the orders coming from the ministry to set loose the muddy water minions.
    What crisis? No crisis! Hey folks did he hear about the baad teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭amacca

ethical wrote: »
    Then that fcukin wasp Ed Walsh came on spouting sh1t about teachers

He would make your blood boil listening to him....and embittered hypocritical old windbag and above all a liar.

Troll doesn't even cover it..........I suppose as adults teachers should be able to handle it but its not like its not stressful enough to have the sort of **** he shovels blasted out on the airwaves after you've had to listen to it for large parts of your working day.....the lies and mostly bull**** rhetoric he peddles does have huge effects on some peoples lives.

I wish someone would take him on and put him in his box on air in as public a forum as possible....a few home truths about himself and his lies about the profession he's decided to attack because of that precious ideology of his and the massive chip on his shoulder is all it would take imo.

At exactly what point did the people who actually go out, work hard, get an education and for the most part do their best in sometimes very challenging circumstances have the target painted on their backs?

And why?....is it because they are the easy target and because it sells?....thats shameful imo, I haven't listened to this particular interview but have listen to various ambushes in the past I can't quite understand why a strong rebuttal to his crap doesn't seem to be forthcoming from teacher representatives....I used to be a teacher, at times in the past when listening to Walsh spout his bile I'd nearly be cheering on whoever was debating him to disprove the lies with cold hard statistics etc ...why don't teacher representatives take him on?......is it easier to just let him give himself enough rope until people start waking up and see him for the odious hypocritical liar he is?

Advertisement