Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 Days in Entebbe

Options
  • 12-01-2018 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭

Surprised there's nothing up here about this. It's a thriller inspired by the true events of the 1976 hijacking (before my time!) of an Air France flight from Tel Aviv to Paris, and led to "the most daring rescue mission ever attempted."

Stars Rosamund Pike, Daniel Brühl, Eddie Marsan, and Nonso Anozie. And it's directed by José Padilha (Narcos).

Out in March.

🤪

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,885 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Also before my time :D The hot topic for Hollywood at the time, it seems. Some interesting trivia there. Wonder how the 2018 version will measure up.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It looks incredibly similar to Raid on Entebbe - the one with Peter Finch.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,212 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I saw a screening of this tonight in the lighthouse.
    It was solid if not exactly wow.
    Rosamund pike was terrific in it I thought as was Eddie marsan, the actual story is very interesting, one strand of the film did absolutely nothing for me. I'd maybe give it 6/10

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Keplar240B

Riskymove wrote: »
    Yep,
    also There's a half dozen other movies about this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Decent enough film. It tried to be even handed in its treatment of the various parties involved. Still didn't quite work, even though the actors tried hard. On aspect that was unexpectedly drab in the film, was the actual raid. Wasn't much of a sense of danger, the Ugandans were a virtual non entity.

Advertisement