Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glass painting

Options
  • 12-01-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi Guys,
    probably a stupid question but how are people writing so perfectly on the wine glasses they decorate? i'm assuming everyone is not a master of calligraphy...
    do you use stickers/ stencils?
    currently I am using a glass pen but of course- its not very professional looking
    any tips would be great :)
    thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

One trick is to print on paper the words/pattern you like in the font you prefer in the right scale, then put the paper inside the glass with the writing facing out, that way you can trace the pattern on the outside of the glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Rara24

thats awesome! i will try that.

have you ever created your own Vinyl decal? currently googling how to do that!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Are they like those "plasticky" stained "glass" stickers? I think I did, ages ago, but the results weren't as good as what I had in my head (it's like thinking how a somersault looks like and trying to actually do one! :)).

Advertisement