Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you delete/untag pictures of you and your ex?

Options
  • 12-01-2018 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭

Just wondering because I know a guy who broke up with his boyfriend of 3 years and they're young like 22 so lots of their photos on their social media were of them together. But one of them went and deleted every photo of them together from his Facebook, like hundreds of photos.Instagram the same. Just seems weird to me, it was a big part of your life even if its over now. Even if it was a bad breakup you still had good times with them, just seems sad to me to wipe away pictures/memories just because it ended.
    Fair enough changing profile picture if it was of you both. But it seems excessive going back years and deleting them, he even deleted pics of when they were just friends and not even going out

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Why did you untag me OP, I thought we were in lurve!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

wakka12 wrote:
    Just wondering because I know a guy who broke up with his boyfriend of 3 years and they're young like 22 so lots of their photos on their social media were of them together. But one of them went and deleted every photo of them together from his Facebook, like hundreds of photos.Instagram the same. Just seems weird to me, it was a big part of your life even if its over now. Even if it was a bad breakup you still had good times with them, just seems sad to me to wipe away pictures/memories just because it ended. Fair enough changing profile picture if it was of you both. But it seems excessive going back years and deleting them, he even deleted pics of when they were just friends and not even going out

Have you ever had your heart broken by someone you were in love with?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Have you ever had your heart broken by someone you were in love with?

No Ive not..yeh maybe a lot of people do it to try and get over them and I just don't get it till I'm in their position

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Pelvis

I don't have any pictures to delete, any pictures that exist were usually taken by/for the ex.

I don't really get pictures, I remember this **** in my head, I don't need a picture. It never occurs to me to whip out a phone and take a picture of a "moment" as it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,346 ✭✭✭King George VI

wakka12 wrote: »
    just seems sad to me to wipe away pictures/memories just because it ended.

I didn't delete the pics of my ex because it ended, I did it because I didn't want to see her big fat stupid fuckin' cunt face anymore.

Bitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,517 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

wakka12 wrote:
    No Ive not..yeh maybe a lot of people do it to try and get over them and I just don't get it till I'm in their position

If you never have to "purge" your memories like that, count yourself lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭minikin

Facebook has got fierce powerful altogether... a memory deletion tool?
    Handy!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,074 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I didn't delete the pics of my ex because it ended, I did it because I didn't want to see her big fat stupid fuckin' cunt face anymore.

Bitch.

506ca17c50afa08a3cc71a5a47220b98ca240d1a41aec1aa24ec551971c96dc2.jpg

:D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

If you never have to "purge" your memories like that, count yourself lucky.

Im only 21..plenty of time left yet :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,058 ✭✭✭whoopsadoodles

I don't let people tag my photos and I don't let people tag me in theirs. So, no.

I wouldn't go back deleting pics either. Because I'd never be that arsed.

We started going out in 1991. My fear is that anyone might see the pics of the early years...

OP, I don't use Social media for photos so there's no issue there with tagging or such. I do keep all photos on a drive (and cloud), and no, I don't delete any photos.

We all usually have plenty of good and bad times with an ex. Why allow the bad memories to take over the good memories? Anyway, years later, it is nice to look back once all that emotional baggage/pain is gone.
    Pelvis wrote: »
    I don't really get pictures, I remember this **** in my head, I don't need a picture. It never occurs to me to whip out a phone and take a picture of a "moment" as it happens.

I used to think the same but as I've gotten older my ability to remember details from the past has gotten hazy. Whereas looking at a photo brings back so much into focus. I regret not taking more photos from past relationships or events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

The true question is, do you delete or do you keep their nude pics? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

The true question is, do you delete or do you keep their nude pics? :p

Keep the nude pics! It's a no brainer :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

No- none of this BS was around last time I was made an ex

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

My last ex wasn't on any social media so it wasn't a problem. I deleted my previous ex as a friend on Facebook but I wasn't arsed going back years and untagging photos of us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,070 ✭✭✭✭pq0n1ct4ve8zf5

Bitch.

Facebook memory thingamajig got me the last day. Logged in and "we thought you might want to look back on this picture from x years ago", me and a certain someone.

Starting my day by shouting "Well I thought you might go and FÚCK YOURSELF" at a photograph doesn't really set the tone very positively.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Depends, who cheated on who?

I'm not particularly forgiving to my exes but I'm not sure I'd devote the mental energy needed for a complete purge like that. Having said that I've completely removed people from my life (and digitally insofar as reasonable, ie recentish stuff) but really the only circumstances have been a partner who cheated and another who was abusive.

wakka12 wrote: »
    Even if it was a bad breakup you still had good times with them, just seems sad to me to wipe away pictures/memories just because it ended.

You'd have to feel really badly hurt by the other person to go to these lengths, must have really cared deeply for them so. 3 years is a long time and a serious relationship for someone 19-22 years old

Advertisement