Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'Skills for Life' Employment Support Scheme?

Options
  • 11-01-2018 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Recently unemployed, just received a letter with an invitation to the 10-week employment scheme 'Skills for Life.'

Haven't taken part in an employment scheme before, and I'm not averse to the idea, but it's a little distressing how vague it is. The letter doesn't give any indication what the scheme is about/will cover (besides a line about how it will make a better you out of you, like a cult pamphlet or something,) and I can barely find information about it online.

Apparently it's new to my area but has been enacted in other counties, has anyone heard of/taken part in this before who can share a little about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,031 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Recently unemployed, just received a letter with an invitation to the 10-week employment scheme 'Skills for Life.'

Haven't taken part in an employment scheme before, and I'm not averse to the idea, but it's a little distressing how vague it is. The letter doesn't give any indication what the scheme is about/will cover (besides a line about how it will make a better you out of you, like a cult pamphlet or something,) and I can barely find information about it online.

Apparently it's new to my area but has been enacted in other counties, has anyone heard of/taken part in this before who can share a little about it?

Sounds like this one?

https://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Employment-Support-Scheme-(ESS).aspx

Advertisement