Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identifying couriers van

Options
  • 11-01-2018 3:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭

This might be in the wrong section. Mods can move it if needed.
    A courier van backed into my van at work yesterday wrecking the back door and drove off. It was caught on camera but the quality it shocking so no reg.
    The van was an high roof white older transits. The only makings that some one can remember are three small patches of colour on the back side. Red yellow and blue we think. A long shot but it anyone might know the company that uses that style of white transit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,259 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Can you upload a picture from the camera footage?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Call into the premises nearby and ask them did they have a delivery around that time, that a sum of money was found close to the van and and give the description.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

How do you know it was a courier's van?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rhyme

The patches of colour on the back may have been a NFPA Hazard Alert sticker.

eg. http://static.davis.com/large_images/8639603.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

Dermo wrote: »
    How do you know it was a courier's van?

Can be seen backing into mine then driving off. But the image is terrible to identify the driver or the number plate.
    As for getting info on the delivery itself, the bussines gets dozens of deliveries to dozens of departments all at the same location so trying to narrow it down is proving tricky.

• Advertisement

Rhyme wrote: »
    The patches of colour on the back may have been a NFPA Hazard Alert sticker.

eg. http://static.davis.com/large_images/8639603.jpg

Nope. Its on the Side rear all most like ral chart tabs. I think it might not be the couriers identifying logo but maybe a version of the transit van

damagegt wrote: »
    Can be seen backing into mine then driving off.

but how do you know this was a courier and not some type of work service van?

but how do you know this was a courier and not some type of work service van?

Driver seen taken package from the van entering the building returning shortly after reversing into my van. Panics pulls forward and then back, again both vans can be seen rocky before he turns and drives away

if you have the time of the delivery it should not be hard to track down. most businesses would have a log of all deliveries with times.

Good luck!

if you have the time of the delivery it should not be hard to track down. most businesses would have a log of all deliveries with times.

Good luck!

Have the time but not the department he delivered to. This is a massive complex so finding where he went after leaving the van is tricky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

would any other cameras of better quality have picked up the reg as he drove away? or someones dash cam even.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

have you tried the Gardai?

Also as you have video footage might make things easier for you to claim off uninsured motors bureau (i think).....may mean your insurance doesnt take a hit cos of this.

daheff wrote: »

Also as you have video footage might make things easier for you to claim off uninsured motors bureau (i think).....may mean your insurance doesnt take a hit cos of this.

Yes, all that's been done. Just trying to identify the van now

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Yes, all that's been done. Just trying to identify the van now

Surely there'd be cameras at the entrance to the building which are better quality that would have picked up the person entering and leaving - Most of them wear uniforms.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Drive around crashing into couriers and speeding off, that'll learn 'em!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 willyou

I have seen walker van rentals with those colours on the back.

willyou wrote: »
    I have seen walker van rentals with those colours on the back.

That's the one. Bollox that its a retail. But that's the van. Cheers bud.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

daheff wrote: »

For the MIB to be involved, you need to verify that the other vehicle was uninsured. It is different for injuries

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

That's the one. Bollox that its a retail. But that's the van. Cheers bud.

If you contact them you could see were any vans returned damaged yesterday or ask them to get in touch if one is returned to them damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Toots wrote: »
    If you contact them you could see were any vans returned damaged yesterday or ask them to get in touch if one is returned to them damaged.

And most of those rental vans have trackers.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭donegaLroad

Toots wrote: »

Or if there is any way you could call around to their depot and check where their vans are parked, then check all of them for damage first, and if you find one, take a photo of the reg and damage in the same photo.

Then maybe ask a few questions at the main desk about whether any of their vans had been rented out on the day the incident happened. Also, sus out allthe panel beaters in the area in case you need to find out have they worked on such a van lately.

Found him after contacting walker rentals Cork. He hadn't mentioned it but they found damage to their own van. **** time for him. I would of been fine if he hadn't tried to drive off.

Thanks again folks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Found him after contacting walker rentals Cork. He hadn't mentioned it but they found damage to their own van. **** time for him. I would of been fine if he hadn't tried to drive off.

Thanks again folks

Great username!!

Nice one. I've had my fair share of drive-offs (despite being anal about parking in the safest possible places) and they make me sick every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭pgj2015

make sure you report him to the guards.

pgj2015 wrote: »
    make sure you report him to the guards.

Nah. Im sure he'll be enough **** already

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

If he drove off after hitting your van, he'll probably have done it to others!

seriously, do... and report it to your insurance company asap, just so that there is a record of it. The gardai wont act unless you ask them to, but at least there will be record of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭well spoken man

Snitches get stitches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,122 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Why do you think that? What if he had paid extra for insurance and won't actually have to pay anything more despite leaving the van back damaged? What do you think Walkers are going to do to him, will they really give a toss beyond sorting their own van?

He drove away from the scene of an incident, protect yourself and others and report this.

• Advertisement

Snitches get stitches :)

well if bucko in the van decides to try and blame OP in some way, then its his word against the Op's. What if van guy tries to take a personal injuries claim against OP, and it goes to court only to find that OP hadn't reported it to the gardai close to the date of when it happened, or worse again hadn't reported it at all.... plus hadn't reported it to his insurance company.

If this guy is anyway hooky at all - he has already done a hit and run; then you've got to protect yourself against all eventualities.

I have heard of it happening before.

Advertisement