Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile data or broadband in Spiddal

Options
  • 11-01-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello
    I need to get a wifi hotspot thing on a network to get internet in Spiddal. Anay views on the best provider? Any 4G or 3G available?

Alternatively, any decent broadband providers? I know there is a satellite one for places without fiber but it's expensive and doesn't sound amazing.

Thanks
    Bernie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭jkforde

give Lightnet a call, they'll come out and test the signal from their nearest transmitter, if it's good enough they'll install right there and then, do you have a wifi router?.. they can use an old one if it's up to it.. i found them to be decent and they haven't let us down yet... i don't game online but it's fine for streaming, netflix, etc

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Bernie56

Thanks. Called Lightnet and they said it is not in line of sight so won't be any good. Where is Spiddal are you getting it? This is for a bit up on River Road. I wonder if they should still come and test...
    Bernie

• Registered Users Posts: 15,849 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I have Vodafone 50 mbs in Spiddal. Have you checked here:

http://irelandoffline.org/map/#/home

How far away from the exchange are you ?

Advertisement