Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Arthritis-like symptoms related to Vaping?

• 10-01-2018 11:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Hi all. I've been vaping since September and am absolutely delighted to be at long last off the demon cigs but I have had weird arthritis-like symptoms in my joints since October. It may be a total coincidence but I have been tested for arthitis, lymes disease, iron overload etc and nothing is showing. Has anyone else had this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Can't say that I have. Been vaping for around 8 years and aside from a tight chest feeling if I vape too much heavy VG juice, I don't notice any joint pains. I do suffer from RSI in my wrists and arms but that's down to 30+ years of keyboards and mice. When you say joints, are they all joints or specific ones? Yours could possibly be down to quitting the actual cigarettes? Who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

More likely to just be the cold weather tbh. Been suffering joint pains myself last few years since a back injury and suffer sciatica, also been tested for Arthritis and cleared. I doubt vaping worsens anything, the only thing absorbed into your bloodstream from it is the nicotine. If it was some kind of nic allergy surely you would have experienced it while smoking too?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭galwaybabe

TinCool wrote: »
    Can't say that I have. Been vaping for around 8 years and aside from a tight chest feeling if I vape too much heavy VG juice, I don't notice any joint pains. I do suffer from RSI in my wrists and arms but that's down to 30+ years of keyboards and mice. When you say joints, are they all joints or specific ones? Yours could possibly be down to quitting the actual cigarettes? Who knows.
    It''s specifically my ankle joints, thumb joints and the first two fingers on my left hand which is very distressing as I am a musician

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭stuartmurphy87

galwaybabe wrote: »
    It''s specifically my ankle joints, thumb joints and the first two fingers on my left hand which is very distressing as I am a musician

Im no medical expert by any stretch but are you taking in enough fluids?

I know a few people mention about making sure you drink plenty when vaping and Ive heard dehydration can affect people who suffer with arthritis. Just an idea but i could be way off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dr Bill V1.5

Can't say I've ever come across a link between vaping and arthritis but that's not to say it doesn't exist. As mentioned drinking lots of water especially when starting out in vaping is a big help in keeping hydrated as vaping does tend to dehydrate. Also bear in mind that your body is probably still in withdrawal from the absence of the countless contents of cigarettes and it can react in odd ways to the change.

• Advertisement
Advertisement