Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why is water wet?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭

Ubiquitous use of chopsticks in south east Asia is another one that gets me stumped. It's rice for christ sakes! Everyone knows a fork is far superior to chopsticks in a rice eating scenario yet our Asian cousins won't embrace it. These are clever, innovative people I'm talking about. These folks are the very same folks who invented gunpowder and paper, which combined together dictated the past and sets the trajectory of our future, they're no idiots. But chopsticks? Can't get me head around it. Those people with the funny accents that live in fancy camper vans are a strange breed too, apparently they all marry off as teenagers in favour of taking up careers but to me they look like they have fairly high paying jobs with extremely flexible hours. You wouldn't be driving a new Audi worth a hundred grand on a plumbers wage, not too shabby regardless of what they work at so fair play. I also can't figure out why we still haven't voted the shinners in and I wonder what's the crack with the whole pro life crowd, you never hear anything from the anti life crowd. I'm wondering if the anti life crowd even exists, and if they do whats Trumps involvement? I'd like to hear the puzzling issues and perceived injustices keep you lot awake a little longer than everyone else at night.
    (no disabled kids or transvestites)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,367 ✭✭✭✭nullzero

What?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,814 ✭✭✭harry Bailey esq

nullzero wrote: »
    What?

Stupid question thread. All the rage lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Jack-Donaghy-Pouring-Alcohol-Loop-30-Rock.gif?ssl=1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Hang on now. Is that you?

Hang on now. Is that you?

Well played :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Spoon for rice OP. A spoon, you'll thank me later.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

Spoon for rice OP. A spoon, you'll thank me later.

Aha! I see you've played the forky spoony game before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭NollagShona

water is damp, not wet

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

All Chinese dishes are prepared in such a way to be edible with chopsticks. That means the rice clumps together and meat is in bite size portions. They have been using them for thousands of years, but OP thinks it doesn't work for some reason.

OP you are cooking the fscking rice wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Aha! I see you've played the forky spoony game before

Excellent lack of paragraphs though, normally only found in the PI forum. I commend you.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,746 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Water is only wet if you are hydrophilic.

Water doesn't wet hydrophobic things.

Also the rice thing is that real rice is sticky not like that Uncle Ben's stuff where they scrape off all the goodness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Water isn't wet, objects it comes into contact become wet.

As for our cousins renting expensive cars before making the trip to Mecca Rathkeale...

water is damp, not wet

Nah that's steam.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Mmmm. Moist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

All languages are made up.

Excellent lack of paragraphs though, normally only found in the PI forum. I commend you.

I'd say read between the lines, but in this case its all one line. That guy Srameen nailed it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 657 ✭✭✭Vladimir Poontang

Persian Rice is the best rice

There are no stupid questions
    Just stupid people

srsly78 wrote: »
    All Chinese dishes are prepared in such a way to be edible with chopsticks.

OP you are cooking the fscking rice wrong.
    Oh right I mention rice and you automatically assume im taking a shot at the Chinese? That's a bit of a blinkered view. That could be easily misconstrued and might offend a lot of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,282 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Whenever I see the OP's user name for some reason I see Halle Berry esq, and I'm not even a straight male.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »
    Whenever I see the OP's user name for some reason I see Halle Berry esq, and I'm not even a straight male.

Dyslexia has no gender bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I could see Halle Berry esq working out, Single Female Lawyer.

Persian Rice is the best rice

I prefer the Iranian stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

There is no spoon

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 59 ✭✭Maggie Marie

I was wet earlier.

Advertisement