Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cook-Your-Own-Food Restaurant Dublin

Options
  • 10-01-2018 8:27pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Just wondering can anyone suggest a restaurant in Dublin where you can cook your own food at the table, like those Korean BBQ ones where there's the hotplate in the middle of the table, or the ones where you put the food into a big pot of broth. It would be for dinner for 2 adults and 1 kid - doesn't necessarily need to be the sort of place that provides crayons at the table or anything, but just one that actually allows kids in.

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭blue_blue

Han Yang on Parnell Street or Arisu on Capel Street do Korean BBQ. Not sure who does shabu shabu.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Thanks! I'll check those two out :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Anywhere that does that “steak on a stone” gimmick is basically offering a cook your own steak dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,599 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

JupiterKid wrote: »
    Anywhere that does that “steak on a stone” gimmick is basically offering a cook your own steak dinner.

And if you like your steak done medium or longer, you are cooking yourself along with it :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,046 ✭✭✭✭neris

Is the mongolian place still open in temple bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

Is the mongolian place still open in temple bar

It is. Not I really not sure on its Mongolian Authenticity :)

You select your raw ingredients and it is cooked for you, rather than you doing the cooking yourself.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,909 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

It's the one where you cook it yourself that we're after, figure it'd be a bit of fun for the little dude. It turns out Arisu also has a branch in Rathmines which would be handier for us to get to. Going to ring and try to book for Sunday evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,179 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I believe the Drunken Fish in the IFSC offers this, it may be chef at table stuff though. All the upstairs tables have extractor fans for cooking to be done at them.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭coleslaw

Toots wrote: »
    It's the one where you cook it yourself that we're after, figure it'd be a bit of fun for the little dude. It turns out Arisu also has a branch in Rathmines which would be handier for us to get to. Going to ring and try to book for Sunday evening.

i heard the one in rathmines closed down,sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 15,753 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Is there not a posh place on O'Connel street. Sure I was in one there a few years ago and they had the steak on the hot plate/stone. It was delicious. Can't remember the name of it now do.

• Advertisement
Advertisement