Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Making friends in UCD law ?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Specifically for the business and law course. How are the pools for the tutorials arranged? Are you in the same class with the same people very often? Is the course group a tight knit bunch or not? What’s the general opinion of the students on the course? Are the ‘law with’ students a closet bunch?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pablo57

Tutorials are generally grouped by degree course. Ie B&L students grouped together in tutorials, Law with Economics together in a tutorial etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭robman60

In my experience B&L has two distinct groups. There is a huge contingent who have come from surrounding schools, and it seems to me they have largely stayed that way, with some exceptions. The course is so big that there is still another large group that form different friend groups.

I am a 'law with' student and it does appear to me that we are a closer group. In first year, all tutorials for the core law classes were with my particular law with module so this, along with being in the peer mentoring group together, meant we stayed good friends. As we have progressed through the course, all the pure laws/law with groups have become a lot closer.

I cannot give an accurate portrayal of how the B&L group interacts but it definitely appears quite different.

Advertisement