Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ivernia insurance/Chill - anyone use them? if so, feedback?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭

hi folks, shopping for car insurance - got a good quote from Chill - broker for Ivernia Insurance - anyone have any experience of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Siobhan1926

I took out a comprehensive car insurance through Chill . They recommended Ivernia and putting a named driver over 30 to reduce the cost. I did so but the following day on discovering he had penalty points i rand to remove him ..this cost me more money. However when the statement of fact arrived from Ivernia he was still a named driver on it. I rang again and was told to just cross him out myself !!!!!. Eventually after several phone calls and waiting on line i was told that in order to remove him i would have to cancel the policy and take out a new one. I cancelled at this point. The policy was not due to take effect for another two weeks from that date. That was almost THREE weeks ago and i have not yet received a penny of refund almost 500 euro. They keep telling me they are waiting for Ivernia to get back to them.
    I have since discovered that Seamus Lynch is Chairman of Chill and on Board of Directors of Ivernia.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭sporina

I took out a comprehensive car insurance through Chill . They recommended Ivernia and putting a named driver over 30 to reduce the cost. I did so but the following day on discovering he had penalty points i rand to remove him ..this cost me more money. However when the statement of fact arrived from Ivernia he was still a named driver on it. I rang again and was told to just cross him out myself !!!!!. Eventually after several phone calls and waiting on line i was told that in order to remove him i would have to cancel the policy and take out a new one. I cancelled at this point. The policy was not due to take effect for another two weeks from that date. That was almost THREE weeks ago and i have not yet received a penny of refund almost 500 euro. They keep telling me they are waiting for Ivernia to get back to them.
    I have since discovered that Seamus Lynch is Chairman of Chill and on Board of Directors of Ivernia.

i took out a car insurance policy with them - have had no issues but then again I have not had to contact them since i took it out tg..

but who is Seamus Lynch?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Siobhan1926

Conflict of interest. Independent broker should not have Seamus Lynch on board of Ivernia

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭sporina

Conflict of interest. Independent broker should not have Seamus Lynch on board of Ivernia

possible -ve consequences of this?

Advertisement