Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wind Surfing Loactions in France or Spain?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

Hi There

Looking for a bit of advice. I have always been a mediocre surfer and I would like to become a mediocre wind surfer too.

I’m looking for a place in France or Spain where I can book a family holiday (two adults and a toddler) that is close to a wind surfing location for lessons.

Ideally this is somewhere central so my wife and toddler have places to sight see / shop during the day. Somewhere akin to Biarritz (great surf, lots of shops and restaurants).

Google is relatively barren and I was hoping someone here could recommend a place.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Anywhere down the (Atlantic) Costa de la luz would be nice. You can drive there in a couple of hours from Málaga or Seville airport. Lovely part of Spain, especially down around the stretch from Tarifa (wind sports Mecca) up to Cádiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

https://www.google.com/search?q=Tarifa%2C+Spain

Almost constant onshore winds caused by the warm med and cold atlantic. Good surf up at Conil DeLe Frontra

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

Try the Canary Islands - surf in the morning and windsurf the afternoon 😜

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Recently back from Cadiz / Tarifa. I wasn't doing any watersports though.
    Would recommend going there. It apparently gets really busy during the summer.

Advertisement