Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pps number

Options
  • 10-01-2018 11:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi
    I am American married to Irish person. I want to be self employed. I can’t get pps number from employer for this reason bc I want to work for myself. But also need it to take driver Theory Test etc. does anyone have any ideas how to get pps. Without having letter from employer. It is causing me a lot trouble not having it. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Do you actually live or work in Ireland? If you work in Ireland already then it should be on your pay slip.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭randomstuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

iris98 wrote: »
    Hi
    I am American married to Irish person. I want to be self employed. I can’t get pps number from employer for this reason bc I want to work for myself. But also need it to take driver Theory Test etc. does anyone have any ideas how to get pps. Without having letter from employer. It is causing me a lot trouble not having it. Thanks in advance.

Your employer doesn't issue your PPS, revenue does. I'm fairly sure you could give them a call and get it posted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 iris98

yes i live in ireland, but don't have a job.

and i thought i was on the right forum. gg

• Advertisement

it wouldn't allow me to add to an old thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

I didn't work either when I first arrived in Ireland but still got a PPS number. I seem to recall I had to go to the local Welfare office to get it, not Revenue.

ok i will try revenue office, but asked in there and they directed me to other office. any other ideas

when did you move here, it seems they have changed it and made it more difficult since june 2017. did you recently move here. thanks

Alun. Hope you got my message and can reply. Sorry new to using this site:)

• Advertisement

When do you move to Ireland? Thanks. Sorry if you got this from me already. Thanks a ton

• Registered Users Posts: 21,427 ✭✭✭✭Alun

iris98 wrote: »
    When do you move to Ireland? Thanks. Sorry if you got this from me already. Thanks a ton
    A long time ago, 2001, but it's still the same procedure basically.

It's all there on the citizensinformation.ie website ...

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/irish_social_welfare_system/personal_public_service_number.html#ld1a9a

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

Only the Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection (DEASP) can issue you with a PPS number. Find your local PPSN registration centre here and give them a visit.

Advertisement