Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who are your heroes?

Options
  • 10-01-2018 1:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Who are some people you admire? And whose examples you try to lead your life by?

Vladimir Putin: a strong man who will fight to the death for his people and county. Humiliated Obama in Syria. A man you could follow into battle.

Liam Gallagher: unashamedly masculine and laddish. Great singer and a true rock star. Still winds up middle class English who hate the fact that a Irish Manc from the estates made it.

Charles Bukowski: a fine writer who devoted himself to drinking and womanizing. Had a 20 year old girlfriend when he was 50. Legend.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32 mcfitness20

Eva Braun

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

László Bíró

• Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

You really, really like men, don't you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

Che Guevara, Anita Sarkeesian, Chris Crocker.

total legde bags all of them.

edit; ellen degeneras and Lorena Bobbitt too.

You really, really like men, don't you?

Well I like George Michael and even still have Wham's first album. Is that a bad thing? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Oldtree wrote:
    Well I like George Michael and even still have Wham's first album. Is that a bad thing?

Faith is an amazing album. And less homo-erotic than the opening post of this thread...

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭qwerty ui op

When guy reaches puberty he's got to start thinking about becoming his own man and forget about having heros

Faith is an amazing album. And less homo-erotic than the opening post of this thread...

"Last Christmas" is a very poignant song for me from my youth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Oldtree wrote: »

Yes, especially the version that went "last Christmas I gave you my fart, but the very next day you blew it away"

When guy reaches puberty he's got to start thinking about becoming his own man and forget about having heros

I don't think that is necessarily the case. A hero can be someone you admire and look up to, no matter your age. No man is an island.

• Advertisement

Ipso wrote: »
    Yes, especially the version that went "last Christmas I gave you my fart, but the very next day you blew it away"

That's just mean, you meanie :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭greencap

last christmas the end of europe began, and the very next day you all became cucks, but not me cause i fck loads of women im going down in history as a legend.

wake up sheeple.

greencap wrote: »
    last christmas the end of europe began, and the very next day you all became cucks, but not me cause i fck loads of women im going down in history as a legend.

wake up sheeple.

Who's sheeple?

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭ChunkyLover54

Batman. Superman.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

1. PUA guy
    2. Chore Sex guy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

yer man on the telly

yer man on the telly

What about yer one on the telly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

What about yer one on the telly?

Can't stand her

Can't stand her

I thought she was a bit of all right, yer man was a bit of a tosser if truth be told.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭jigglypuffstuff

Facekicker :')

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Cats.

Yeah, I've been thinking about this quite a bit the last while..I'm not sure how many heroes I've had, or people that I like really, really respect..One of them died last year, Leonard Cohen..and maybe nick cave..and maybe Darren Arnofsky..but it's weird..it's more like a reverence for their art than anything else..maybe the dude out of the national..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

The little Wispas

• Registered Users Posts: 28,707 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

No one to be honest. I don't follow celeb culture or the lives of famous people enough to be inspired by anyone.

I live my life according to the values I was raised with and my own experiences and opinions on various issues.

I'd agree with the poster above that hero worship as an adult seems a bit childish to me but each to their own.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Andrea Dworkin. She’d kick Bukowski’s arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Liam Gallagher: unashamedly masculine and laddish. Great singer and a true rock star. Still winds up middle class English who hate the fact that a Irish Manc from the estates made it.

He doesn't really. More makes them spontaneously break out in 'street' accents , Manc walks, Adidas and Stone Island.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭_Roz_

Deadpool or Wolverine generally, but I'm getting into a little bit of Avengers after the movies.

Also, I prefer to use the term 'inspiration' rather than hero, but a particular singer who overcame leukemia in his early twenties with more grace than I could ever muster for anything, whose music and general outlook on life are things I deeply love. His music has always been cathartic for me in dealing with my own crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Who are some people you admire? And whose examples you try to lead your life by?

Vladimir Putin: a strong man who will fight to the death for his people and county. Humiliated Obama in Syria. A man you could follow into battle.

Charles Bukowski: a fine writer who devoted himself to drinking and womanizing. Had a 20 year old girlfriend when he was 50. Legend.

It’s you OP. You sound like a super guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Heroes?!

I am a GROWN UP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

The cookie monster, he never gives up on his dreams. Always looking for that perfect cookie

Advertisement