Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holles Street Semi/Private & Consultant

Options
  • 09-01-2018 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi All,

apologies I know this has been asked numerous times but just wondering if anyone has any insight on whether to go semi private or private in Holles Street.

also any thoughts on consultants, I had thought Dr Laoise o brien but my friend did not have a good experience with her on non maternity issue so now I am thinking Dr Carroll or Dr Shane Higgins.

thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Diasydoodledoo

I found semi private a waste to be honest. The only benefit was having a set day for appointments. That was my personal experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Ghost Sausage

I would avoid laoise O 'Brien in my opinion. Have her in gynae clinic and hasnt been a positive experience. Her junior doctors have more compassion and understanding and a better manner.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭greenttc

I loved the two Higgins in there, shane Higgins is a gentleman and then Mary Higgins (of the repeal campaign fame) is excellent and really cared for me on both my last and this pregnancy. No experience of semi private I chose public both times as I didn't see any value in paying for practically the same service and the possibility of a less crowded room after birth. Also, there is no early release home scheme when semi private and getting out of there as fast as possible after is/was really high on my list of priorities!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Boldbump

Hi all,
    Wonder if anyone has attended clinic with Dr. Adriana Olaru in the Semi-Private of Holles St. Just keen, prior to visit, to gather info. ??? opaque on google.ie, UCC etc :)

Thanks,
    Boldbump.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭mjp

Anyone have Dr Nita Adnan in holles St. Were semi private and didn't choose any consultant as didn't know anything about any of them and we we're give. Dr Adnan. She seems nice in the brief meeting we had with her on 22 week appointment

• Advertisement
Advertisement