Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Crivit LED front light fixture

Options
  • 09-01-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭

I'm being optimistic. I have a set of Crivit LED lights, but I'm missing the fitting for the front light. It went when my bike was stolen. Any chance of anyone having one, or knowing what might work for fitting it. Otherwise it will have to just serve as a handheld torch and I'll need a new light.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Would this be any use , I've a few at home ? You're welcome to one , not ideal but they work .
    Based in Leixlip.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭novarapid

OP if you have an old mtb bike tube, cut rings from the tube, interlock 3 rings together and you can attach your light that way, similar to what sullzz is showing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,960 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

A few cable ties crossed over each other may work.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

seagull wrote: »
    I'm being optimistic. I have a set of Crivit LED lights, but I'm missing the fitting for the front light. It went when my bike was stolen. Any chance of anyone having one, or knowing what might work for fitting it. Otherwise it will have to just serve as a handheld torch and I'll need a new light.

What fitting? Some have a special receiver, others like shown are held on with bands.

novarapid wrote: »
    OP if you have an old mtb bike tube, cut rings from the tube, interlock 3 rings together and you can attach your light that way, similar to what sullzz is showing.

Ha I do this :p Had the need to swap light between the road bike and the take the wee one to school general purpose one, works a treat.

Could have got another set but this way you have a light thats used every day and so always charged.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Thanks. I hadn't even considered a generic stretchy band type idea.

It does have a special attachment that it slots on, and I hadn't thought beyond finding something that it would fit onto in the same way. This is the set in question. Forgive my ineptitude, but I still haven't figured out how to post images here.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

novarapid wrote: »

You might also want some tube on the handlebar, otherwise the light can tend to rotate and also it can rattle a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭seagull

Thanks. Bike tube did the job

Advertisement