Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 piece leathers surplus to requirements

Options
  • 09-01-2018 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

I bought these at least 20 years ago from Paddy Maddocks to use at trackdays. Don't do trackdays anymore so they have been gathering dust in the attic. I'm doing a clean out so want to get rid of them.

They have been worn probably about a dozen times and never crashed. They zip together and have back, elbow and knee armour. They are size 54. I'm 5'10" and medium build and they fit me, if a bit snugly, especially the jacket.

Are they worth anything? I'm not looking for much, but a couple of quid would be nice to send them on their way :)

suit.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Are they Harro....memories...

• Registered Users Posts: 31,017 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

I'll take them for 100 quid to a charity of your choice if you're anywhere close to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭curiousb

Are they Harro....memories...

They are Schoeller Keprotec, which I had to go looking for... Certainly not a Name brand :)

Lumen wrote: »
    I'll take them for 100 quid to a charity of your choice if you're anywhere close to Dublin.

That sounds like a great idea Lumen! I think the Simon Community should benefit.

I am based in Cabinteely, Dublin 18 but can meet you somewhere mutually suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stewygriffin

While I appreciate the charity part of it here.

I dont think its fair to sell stuff here,when other fellow bike members were told no selling allowed on boards.ie,and threads were removed.

Cant be 1 law for all but another law for 1.

• Advertisement

While I appreciate the charity part of it here.

I dont think its fair to sell stuff here,when other fellow bike members were told no selling allowed on boards.ie,and threads were removed.

Cant be 1 law for all but another law for 1.

Yeah, I get what you're saying, but the original intention was just to see if there was any value in the items, before subjecting myself to Adverts!

Then it kinda turned into a charity donation... So it's kinda not selling as I'm not benefitting, but I am happy to pull the post if people want?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

curiousb wrote: »
    Yeah, I get what you're saying, but the original intention was just to see if there was any value in the items, before subjecting myself to Adverts!

Then it kinda turned into a charity donation... So it's kinda not selling as I'm not benefitting, but I am happy to pull the post if people want?

..or you could leave it alone, and some people might read the original post..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

i have deleted 5 posts now coz i hate where you bought them. I must be getting wiser....

Advertisement