Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids scooters - any recommendations?

Options
  • 09-01-2018 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Hi,

I wold like to buy a two wheeler scooter for our son who's turning six this month. Any recommendation for his age group and for shops stocking kids scooters in the Leinster area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Tombo2001

We have only ever used the Mini Micro and Maxi Micro. He is probably at the age where the Mini is better now, but the Maxi is better in a years time.

They are not cheap. They can be bought second hand on adverts.

They are absolutely outstanding toys. The amount of times I have seen other kids wobbling about on crappy 'themed' scooters from large toy stores....the Doc McStuffins scooters and Spiderman scooters.. and thought why dont they just get a Micro.

Try to get him to wear a helmet while on it, or any other scooter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Micro scooters as you can get spare parts

Ours all got heavy use and the only ones that lasted where the Micro ones.

I've had to throw out the cheaper ones as hubs bearings and brakes all wore out from use.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

If it’s for commuting say a km or 2 to school something with bigger wheels makes a hell of a difference.

https://gosk8.ie/stunt-scooters/4054-frenzy-145mm-kids-scooter-blackred.html

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ottimo_massimo

Thanks for the suggestion. The Mini Micro has been bulletproof in our experience over the past few years. While we were looking at two wheel options, the Maxi seems like a solid choice for the age group.
    Tombo2001 wrote: »
    We have only ever used the Mini Micro and Maxi Micro. He is probably at the age where the Mini is better now, but the Maxi is better in a years time.

They are not cheap. They can be bought second hand on adverts.

They are absolutely outstanding toys. The amount of times I have seen other kids wobbling about on crappy 'themed' scooters from large toy stores....the Doc McStuffins scooters and Spiderman scooters.. and thought why dont they just get a Micro.

Try to get him to wear a helmet while on it, or any other scooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 ottimo_massimo

Interesting. They seem to get very favourable review too. Thanks!
    martyc5674 wrote: »
    If it’s for commuting say a km or 2 to school something with bigger wheels makes a hell of a difference.

https://gosk8.ie/stunt-scooters/4054-frenzy-145mm-kids-scooter-blackred.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Try get a helmet. If you fall off a scooter it tends to be head first..

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Another vote for the micro range. We ha ve a mobile Home in Wexford and there’s literally thousands of scooters in the park. The micros are the onky ones That dont fall apart and the bearings etc Last forever

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

beauf wrote: »
    Try get a helmet. If you fall off a scooter it tends to be head first..
    I’d say face first ;)

Advertisement