Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deutz dx 6.05

Options
  • 08-01-2018 1:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi there just looking at a deutz dx 6.05 commander 110hp and know very little about them. I basically need a tractor to do a few hundred hours a year nothing special once it's 4wd lift bales bit of ploughing topping etc. Can anyone tell me if the dx 6.05 is a good machine etc or any bad points as iv no clue about them. Deutz wouldn't be that popular round here. Are parts easy to get still?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭White Clover

greek88 wrote: »
    Hi there just looking at a deutz dx 6.05 commander 110hp and know very little about them. I basically need a tractor to do a few hundred hours a year nothing special once it's 4wd lift bales bit of ploughing topping etc. Can anyone tell me if the dx 6.05 is a good machine etc or any bad points as iv no clue about them. Deutz wouldn't be that popular round here. Are parts easy to get still?

I wouldn't know much about deutz. WW Doherty in Gortatlea beside the mart are main dealers.
    Are you looking at the one at Shane O Connor's?

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭greek88

I wouldn't know much about deutz. WW Doherty in Gortatlea beside the mart are main dealers.
    Are you looking at the one at Shane O Connor's?

Ya in Knocknagoshel?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,559 ✭✭✭White Clover

greek88 wrote: »
    Ya in Knocknagoshel?

I don't know anything about the tractor. Just saw it bumped up on done deal this morning. Did you enquire about it?

I don't know anything about the tractor. Just saw it bumped up on done deal this morning. Did you enquire about it?

No havnt enquired yet was just wondering if anyone knew much about these tractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Testacalda

With any Deutz of this era the Gearbox is the major point of investigation. They have a bad rep for problems, so make sure it changes gear smoothly, no excessive whining when driving and try in every gear.

Head gaskets are another common issue but relatively simple as the engines are air cooled and have individual cylinder heads.

I think the brakes are are outboard discs on them. They are prone to damage and caliper problems. Also the number one cause of them going on fire!

(Although I never came across a burnt one with a good gearbox :rolleyes:)

They are overall a very good tractor, very well made, a little noisey inside when using for long periods. There is a pretty strong export demand and many 6.05, 6.10, 6.30 and 6.50s have been repatriated to Germany

• Advertisement

Testacalda wrote: »
    With any Deutz of this era the Gearbox is the major point of investigation. They have a bad rep for problems, so make sure it changes gear smoothly, no excessive whining when driving and try in every gear.

Head gaskets are another common issue but relatively simple as the engines are air cooled and have individual cylinder heads.

I think the brakes are are outboard discs on them. They are prone to damage and caliper problems. Also the number one cause of them going on fire!

(Although I never came across a burnt one with a good gearbox :rolleyes:)

They are overall a very good tractor, very well made, a little noisey inside when using for long periods. There is a pretty strong export demand and many 6.05, 6.10, 6.30 and 6.50s have been repatriated to Germany

Thanks ya i have been found a bit of research and brakes are an issue all right but to be fair we only do a few hundred hours work a year literally bringing in bales etc so I can't sée them getting too hot. I can't justify paying big money for a tractor that I only use here and there obviously sumer work maybe a few hours a day when weather is good etc. Lot a of lads buying tl90's mf 5455's etc and they spend most of the time sitting in a shed. I'll go have a look and a test drive I think the weekend or following week see how that goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Scouser93

Did you buy her after?

Scouser93 wrote: »
    Did you buy her after?

No I saw it taken down from donedeal a few days after I posted this and when I rang he had it sold.

Advertisement