Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wardrobe Door Replacement

Options
  • 08-01-2018 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Hi there,

I have old wardrobes which have those old laminate type doors, which are outdated and beginning to peel. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done with these (without replacing the whole wardrobes)? I’m not sure they can be painted.

Is replacing the doors the best option, and if so can you recommend any companies in Dublin that are reasonable but also of quality? I know the cost will vary depending on finish etc, but approx how much would this cost? Ideally, I’d like mirrored doors, but would consider other alternatives.

I’ve attached a pic for reference.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

if you are lucky all the foil wrap will come off. if it does then the rest of the door will be good quality (usually DRG) mdf and can be easily painted.

I have seen the wrap come off completely and sometime only half off with the rest stuck like hell.

changing the doors is easy enough but costs money.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭D12C

if you are lucky all the foil wrap will come off. if it does then the rest of the door will be good quality (usually DRG) mdf and can be easily painted.

I have seen the wrap come off completely and sometime only half off with the rest stuck like hell.

changing the doors is easy enough but costs money.

Thanks for the info. Would normal paint do?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

I would use a good primer like zinzer bin or cover stain primer. 2 coats and sand between then top coat of your choosing

Advertisement