Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playing Movies from USB on Edision OS Mega (Enigma2)

Options
  • 08-01-2018 12:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I have a edision OG Mega running Enigma2. I'd like to play some movies which I have on a USB hard drive.

Please note I've not recorded these on the STB and this is not the main hard drive for the STB (I have an internal hard drive for the STB.) These are movies that were put on the USB hard drive on a PC.

How would I do that? When I plug the USB in it says "No Displayable Files on this medium found". I've tried the plugin called "Media Scanner" but the USB HD is not on the list it brings up.

Any ideas? Do I need a particular plugin or something?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,485 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any idea what file types the videos are? I think mp4 would be the most compatible.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

philteare wrote: »
    Hello,

I have a edision OG Mega running Enigma2. I'd like to play some movies which I have on a USB hard drive.

Please note I've not recorded these on the STB and this is not the main hard drive for the STB (I have an internal hard drive for the STB.) These are movies that were put on the USB hard drive on a PC.

How would I do that? When I plug the USB in it says "No Displayable Files on this medium found". I've tried the plugin called "Media Scanner" but the USB HD is not on the list it brings up.

Any ideas? Do I need a particular plugin or something?

Thanks!

Enigma2 requires the device to be loaded.

From what you have typed it has loaded. Disregard the No displayable files message.

Press the PVR button on your remote and if the usb drive isnt showing then press yellow for location and it will show you all devices connected. It'll be usb1 or usb2 or hdd. Do not enter the internal flash part.

You can press ok when you are in the list and it will play.

Yes the box does play avi mkv mp4 etc

Advertisement