Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average Cost of a small room

Options
  • 07-01-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭

Looking for some advice. Was hoping to build in a sensory room for my autistic child. Very basic and small just somewhere for his quite time? It's on ground floor but we have no side entrance so everything is going to be brought through the house.
    Also anyone know if I get any help with this towards the cost for my child as he's autistic
    TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

You could look at a home adaptation grant from the council but I think this needs to be an extension and connected to the main house. Depending on house hold income, you can get up to 90% of the costs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

I would estimate €12-16k for a small 4mx3m room. Can you give more detail about the size?

You could get a log cabin of that size and bigger for a fraction of the price of building a small extension, something to keep in mind.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

VonZan wrote: »
    I would estimate €12-16k for a small 4mx3m room. Can you give more detail about the size?

You could get a log cabin of that size and bigger for a fraction of the price of building a small extension, something to keep in mind.

Log cabins don’t comply with building regulations.

Op
    For a child’s play room I’d recommend a very well insulated draft free room. the room will need adequate heating and suitable ventilation. there should be good quality triple windows with views, for children I’d recommend a deep cill at 450mm over floor, a good height for a seat/work table.

Advertisement