Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brother very ill and doesnt have long left-how to help

Options
  • 07-01-2018 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I just found out my brother is being treated for some organ failure and will not have long left. Its complicated as he was a drug user for years then turned to alcohol and was homeless. He is in the UK but i feel i need to plan a trip to see him. Im not sure how to help and what to say knowing he hasnt long left.

We have always kept in touch over the years and he was very ill this time last year but pulled through. I know i will regret it if i dont visit him at this time. Im nervous even thinking about it.
    Also if he passes away how do we even think about getting him home. Im sad for him as i know he is afraid now and reached out to us. Its such a waste of a life.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Im so sorry to hear this. It probably feels very overwhelming, trying to plan your visit, and thinking of what may need to happen further down the line. I suppose the best way is to take one step at a time.

Try not to worry about what to say. Oftentimes there is nothing right or wrong to say in situations. Focus on getting there, and seeing him. I can feel the sadness in your post, I am so sorry.

There is a thread that I can link if you wish, that might help, for further down the line.

Take care.

Advertisement