Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctor / Medical Centre Balbriggan

Options
  • 07-01-2018 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hi, I know there are older threads on this but all seem to be a few years out of date. I'm looking for a recommendation in Balbriggan, preferably in the town centre. I've been going to doctor in city centre when I needed to, but I'm pregnant now so want to get set up here, ideally with one that has the free care for under 6s.
    My closest would be Balbriggan Medical centre, but I don't know the first thing about it other than it looks kind of grotty from the outside. Then I know there are a few practices in the new primary healthcare centre too. Any recommendations welcome, please send me a pm if you'd rather not post.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

TBH all the GP's in Balbriggan are relatively good if busy.
    There are two practices in the new health centre Bracken family practice and the Yew practice. The Medical centre looks ok to me ;) but has afaik been renovated inside in recent years too.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭kastasia

Thanks for that! Actually neither of the two in the primary health centre are taking new patients at the moment. I rang the medical centre but was waiting for ages so in the end I went to Swords, but might try one of the others in Feb if they are taking patients then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 machuindublin

I have been to yew medical centre in balbriggan, and it is money making place, they charge for getting back the blood test report. normally doctors ring you and tell you the blood test report and send you the report by post. These people are more interested in making money from patients. They charge initially money to take blood then again charge to give it back to you when the report comes back. When Patrick GP was there he never did such a thing. He was more caring. Never go to a place were they charge to give you back your own results.

Should probably clarify 'Yew Medical Centre' and 'Balbriggan Medial Centre' are two different entities in case of confusion.

Hmmm, I registered with yew medical because they were taking new patients again, but haven't actually been up to them yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robertpatterson

You're wasting your time trying to get an appointment in Balbriggan Medical Centre, I rand last Wednesday and was told there wasn't an appointment until Monday at the earliest
    I'm not alone anyone I've spoken to has had similar experiences
    I think the reason you could always get an appointment with Dr Patrick was he didn't take medical cards it was cash only

• Registered Users Posts: 8 benotoole

Dr. Patrick is missed. Since moving to Balbriggan medical centre for what are reoccurring problems for me, the receptionists seem to be all about the €55 every time, even when i dispute it (its a follow-up) its only to have my blood pressure rechecked, i was told it still takes up the doctors time. All of 6 minutes of it, eventually got it for €30.... embarrassing having to argue about it but how many just hand over the €55 🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

You're wasting your time trying to get an appointment in Balbriggan Medical Centre, I rand last Wednesday and was told there wasn't an appointment until Monday at the earliest
    I'm not alone anyone I've spoken to has had similar experiences
    I think the reason you could always get an appointment with Dr Patrick was he didn't take medical cards it was cash only

Digging up an old thread but needed a local doctor and takes an age to get through to balbriggan medical centre. Holding for ages and only have appt for next Friday. Reminds me of the nhs in the uk !

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Jeffy17

Yeah, I've been going to yew since May and happy with them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭DublinHun72

Jeffy17 wrote: »

Great thanks.

Advertisement