Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NJPW WORLD

Options
  • 07-01-2018 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

Well, we've got a WWE Network thread, and after the recent Wrestle Kingdom 12/New Year Dash, there's now a NJPW World Thread.

51ofwFzj1nL.png

Copying the link Neil3030 posted in The Puroresu (Japanese Wrestling) thread.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZsZCBTpKjHzdbCpKZ1No1KAdpmOd2OcgSMfC1-oa7pI/edit#gid=0

And some head's up from the Wrestle Kingdom 12 thread from gerrybbadd (who nicked it from Reddit) on NJPW World.
    #Sign-up Process:

1. Go to https://njpwworld.com
    2. [Select the 'EN' option](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...5/unknown.png) at the top. Once the page is translated, click the 'Sign Up' button.
    3. [Enter the Email address](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...3/unknown.png) you want to be associated with your NJPW World account. That address will receive a [confirmation email (split Japanese/English)](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...2/unknown.png) with a confirmation link.
    4. Once you click the confirmation link, you are sent to a [profile setup](https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6/unknown.png) page. Click 'Confirm' once you are done, then click it again.
    5. You will be taken to the (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...6/unknown.png) section. Select the option you want 'PayPal' or (https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...8/unknown.png), then you will be taken to a payment setup page. Follow the steps and enter your info.
    6. You are done! You now have access to NJPW's archives and liveshows for the month of January (and beyond!)

#Notes on NJPW World:
    1. Pre-paid credit cards are very finicky. I've heard cases where they work but going off personal experience they have never worked for me. A real credit/debit card is recommended.
    1. 10-20 minutes before the show (pre-show, in this case), a golden banner will appear on the front page with Japanese and English commentary links for the show.
    1. The payment period for this service starts on the first of every month. This means, regardless of when you sign up, you will be charged when you first join and at the turn of the month.
    2. The searchbar function is broken and still has not been fully-integrated into English. If you want to find a specific show/match, use the (https://njpwworld.com/series) tab which is sorted by most recent, or use NJPW's extensive 'Tag' search. You can access these pages from the 'Menu' drop-down menu from the top-right.
    3. After a show has concluded, the VoD is available within 30 minutes on most occasions.
    4. Your subscription for the month of January will get you Wrestle Kingdom 12, New Year's Dash on January 5 (the RAW after Wrestlemania equivalent), the New Japan/CMLL co-produced Fantasticamania shows in mid-January (three shows), and two back-to-back New Beginning PPV shows on January 27/28th.
    6. Unlike in the West, companies in Japan do not own their tape libraries. Large chunks of New Japan's library is owned by companies they no longer have deals with, so there are large gaps in the tape library. New Japan has promised to expand the archives in 2018 and every new show gets on World, but as-of-now there is not alot of pre-2012 material on the service. YouTube, Dailymotion, Rutube, and other means will have to suffice for some of it.
    7. New Japan works with a lot of other companies. Most times, the work of New Japan stars in promotions such as RPW and RoH gets added to NJPW World though with a region lock most times. They also stream a lot of CMLL shows, and if you want to watch those you can find a proxy to bypass the region lock.

# Membership Cancellation:
    * Follow [this link](https://njpwworld.com/withdraw/confirm). This is the membership withdrawal page. There is an option to delete your account, but deleting your profile page does not end the membership. FOLLOW. THAT. LINK.

#Schedule through March:

January:

* Wrestle Kingdom 12 (Jan 4)

* New Year's Dash (Jan 5): RAW after Wrestlemania equivalent. Usually one title match (NEVER Trios Title) but it is usually the most story-heavy show of the year and sets the stage for the next several months/year.

* Fantasticamania (Jan 19, 21, 22): Co-produced, mostly non-canon tour between CMLL and NJPW. Light-hearted, more comedy, not for everybody.

* The New Beginnings in Sapporo (Jan 27, 28): Many of the titles will be defended, with the remainder being defended in Osaka (unless a title is defended more than once). Initial post-WK feuds will be settled and the undercards will set up the story for New Beginnings in Osaka. The cards are not out so which of the two is bigger has yet to be determined.

Febuary:

* The New Beginnings in Osaka (Feb 10): The end of The New Beginnings tour, usually headlined by the Intercontinental title, and featuring all the titles not defended on the previous two New Beginnings shows. Osaka is one of the hottest crowds in Japan, and usually gets great cards so this may be the best show of the tour.
    * Honor Rising (Feb 23, 24): A two-night collaboration between NJPW and RoH in the mecca of pro wrestling, Korakuen Hall. A few titles from both companies will be defended in interpromotional battles. The shows are mostly inconsequential, mostly, but the style is not a rapid departure from traditional NJPW the way that the Fantasticamania shows are so these are usually decent spectacles.

March:

* 46th Anniversary Show (Mar 6): Lower-level title defenses (NEVER, Tag, Jr Tag, Trios) with a special main event. Historically, the Heavyweight Champion and Junior Heavyweight champion collide in the main event. Last year, it was Kazuchika Okada vs Tiger Mask W (Kota Ibushi) in a non-title match. Who knows what it will be this year.
    * New Japan Cup (Mar 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 18, 21): New Japan's first big tournament of the year. 16 heavyweights in a single elimination tournament to determine who takes on a singles champion of their choice at Sakura Genesis, NJPW's first A-level show after Wrestle Kingdom. Last year the first two nights split the first round, at four matches a night followed by one match headlining the next four houseshows (released on VoD), with the Semi-Finals and Final shows containing the last three matches which are broadcast live. There are 9 shows this year rather than 8, so the format may be different.
    * Strong Style Evolved (Mar 25): NJPW coming back to America for another show. NJPW has made it a large goal of theirs to expand into the West, so this show may be surprisingly loaded.

Comments

Watched Hogan vs Inoki and it was nice to see Hogan wrestle a more technical style in Japan.

Also watched Vader Vs Stan Hansen (February 1990). I'm sure most know what happens in the match but I won't spoil it in case some don't but don't be eating your dinner watching it :P

I know it's obvious to anyone that has followed NJPW but I'm loving Tanahashi. I can see now why he was so popular. Watched a few of his matches which were great. He has the look and feel of a huge star.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Heel Jericho is the best Jericho, case in point, his post match comments after he lost to Kenny Omega.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭oneilla

Watched Hogan vs Inoki and it was nice to see Hogan wrestle a more technical style in Japan.

Also watched Vader Vs Stan Hansen (February 1990). I'm sure most know what happens in the match but I won't spoil it in case some don't but don't be eating your dinner watching it :P

I know it's obvious to anyone that has followed NJPW but I'm loving Tanahashi. I can see now why he was so popular. Watched a few of his matches which were great. He has the look and feel of a huge star.

Hogan did try harder to wrestle when in Japan. One of the Hogan WWF VHS tapes has a very good match against Stan Hansen from AJPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

It's pretty amazing that a company which wants to branch out into the US market - and beyond - can't put together a simple English language page. Expecting customers to use Google Translate and whatnot is really rinky dink stuff for a promotion that has aspirations for expansion. One competent English-speaking IT guy could do this in an afternoon and it would likely boost their business substantially.

^^^ I would imagine getting around to an English language version of NJPW World is in their plans, but opening up and setting up a office/dojo in Los Angeles could possibly be more of a priority for them.

If getting people to use Google Translate until then works for them, then basically, it ain't broke, don't fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Completely agree - also, they go to the effort of flying an English speaking commentary team over for big shows, but don't bother putting subtitles on the pretaped vignettes. Or having a translator on hand for the post-match in-ring promos. There really is a lot more they could be doing for the English speaking audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

There's a button right at the top of the page on NJPW World that says 'JP', and underneath it says 'EN'. Click this and it will give you the English language version of NJPW World. You don't have to use Google translate, I don't understand why so many people think you do. Added to this, they've got their own English language website and English language YouTube channel. I do think they need to work on getting stuff up on the YouTube page quicker, and yes it would be really cool if they put English language subtitles on the pre-match video packages like they did for Omega vs Okada last year.

Folk here might want to google Real Hero Archive for more NJPW stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Check out the Prince Devitt vs Ibushi match from WK a few years back. He should never have left. It's sad how he's just nothing now.

Check out the Prince Devitt vs Ibushi match from WK a few years back. He should never have left. It's sad how he's just nothing now.

Even reuniting with Gallows and Anderson can't/couldn't arrest the decline he's been on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,015 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

You'd think Finn would be moving enough Demon merch to kids to keep him relevant with the higher ups in WWE, but that's not really a discussion for here. How awesome would it be to see him, Gallows and Anderson back in NJPW and feuding with the Elite over control of Bullet Club.

It was a lifelong dream to go to WWE for him. Listen to some of the interviews he did around 2014 and you get the feeling that he wasn't too enthusiastic about the trips to Japan. Different landscape now of course.

Neil3030 wrote: »
    You'd think Finn would be moving enough Demon merch to kids to keep him relevant with the higher ups in WWE, but that's not really a discussion for here. How awesome would it be to see him, Gallows and Anderson back in NJPW and feuding with the Elite over control of Bullet Club.

RE: Finn moving enough merch to kids, worth bringing up in the Finn thread.

Gallows, Anderson, Devitt, vs. The Elite, with control of the Bullet Club on the line.

We can but dream sadly.

oneilla wrote: »
    It was a lifelong dream to go to WWE for him. Listen to some of the interviews he did around 2014 and you get the feeling that he wasn't too enthusiastic about the trips to Japan. Different landscape now of course.

Couldn't blame him for going, 13 & a half hours from Dublin to Tokyo (with stopovers) must be hell..

Whereas Dublin to Florida (assuming that's where he's based in the States) probably wouldn't be half as long as Dublin to Tokyo.

Cards for The Road to The New Beginning
    The New Beginning in Sapporo (09:00)
    IWGP IC Title Match:
    IWGP Intercontinental Champion, Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Minoru Suzuki

Kenny Omega & The Young Bucks vs. Jay White & Roppongi 3K (Sho & Yoh)

Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto & Gedo vs. SANADA, EVIL & BUSHI

Tetsuya Naito & Hiromu Takahashi vs. YOSHI-HASHI & Will Ospreay

Cody, Marty Scurll & Hangman Page vs. Kota Ibushi, Juice Robinson, & David Finlay

NEVER Openweight Six-Man Title Match:
    NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Champions, Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, & Tanga Loa vs. Togi Makabe, Henare, & Ryusuke Taguchi

Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Chase Owens

Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV, & KUSHIDA vs. Takashi Iizuka, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado, & Taka Michinoku

Kitamura Trial Series Match: Michael Elgin vs. Katsuya Kitamura
    The New Beginning in Sapporo (06:00 GMT)
    IWGP US Title Match:
    IWGP United States Heavyweight Champion Kenny Omega vs. against Jay White

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Title Match:
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions The Young Bucks vs. Roppongi 3K (Sho & Yoh)

Kazuchika Okada, Hirooki Goto, YOSHI-HASHI, Will Ospreay & Gedo vs. SANADA, EVIL, Tetsuya Naito, Hiromu Takahashi & BUSHI

Cody, Marty Scurll & Hangman Page vs. Kota Ibushi, David Finlay & KUSHIDA

Hiroshi Tanahashi & Michael Elgin vs. Minoru Suzuki & Takashi Iizuka

Bad Luck Fale, Tama Tonga, Tanga Loa & Chase Owens vs. Togi Makabe, Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Henare

Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano vs. Yujiro Takahashi & Leo Tonga

Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask IV, Ryusuke Taguchi & Shota Unno vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi, El Desperado & Taka Michinoku

Kitamura Trial Series Match: Juice Robinson vs. Katsuya Kitamura

The New Beginning in Osaka (February 10th)
    IWGP Heavyweight Title Match:
    IWGP Heavyweight Champion Kazuchika Okada vs. SANADA

NEVER Openweight Title Match:
    NEVER Openweight Champion Hirooki Goto vs. EVIL

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Title Match:
    IWGP Junior Heavyweight Champion Will Ospreay vs. Hiromu Takahashi

Tetsuya Naito vs. YOSHI-HASHI

Gedo vs. BUSHI

Hiroshi Tanahashi, Togi Makabe, KUSHIDA & Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Minoru Suzuki, Takashi Iizuka, Taichi & Taka Michinoku

Michael Elgin, Juice Robinson & David Finlay vs. Jay White, Tomohiro Ishii & Toru Yano

Roppongi 3K (Sho & Yoh) vs. Yoshinobu Kanemaru & El Desperado

Kitamura Trial Series Match: Yuji Nagata vs. Katsuya Kitamura

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I hope they sort out a proper app for NJ World. Using a webpage that's half-translated is real bush-league stuff. Makes me appreciate how slick WWE's presentation is. Thankfully it's got a chromecast option!

jaykhunter wrote: »
    I hope they sort out a proper app for NJ World. Using a webpage that's half-translated is real bush-league stuff. Makes me appreciate how slick WWE's presentation is. Thankfully it's got a chromecast option!

They really do need a proper dedicated app. Or at least a proper English language site because the Google translate doesn't cut it.

The chromecast app thing always crashes on me so I can't skip forward or back :/

oneilla wrote: »
    They really do need a proper dedicated app. Or at least a proper English language site because the Google translate doesn't cut it.

The chromecast app thing always crashes on me so I can't skip forward or back :/

As I said the other day on this thread, you don't need to use Google translate on NJPW World. You can use it in Japanese or English, and can easily switch between the two.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Nothing "easily" about using New Japan world. The login page is unacceptable and it's a chore using the site.

fVkMLMY.png

Sure you can work out what goes where but they need a dedicated English app, not just a half-translated website, to actually appeal to anyone outside the hardcore. The search function is dodgy as well. I'm glad you find the whole thing acceptable though. It puts me off

Apart from the WK12 show VOD (which worked perfectly) I've been getting buffering a lot when going back and watching old matches. I don't skip forward or anything. I had to turn off a match last night because it kept stalling and buffering.

It's happened a few times now where the match I'm watching became unwatchable which is a shame.

• Advertisement

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Nothing "easily" about using New Japan world. The login page is unacceptable and it's a chore using the site.

Sure you can work out what goes where but they need a dedicated English app, not just a half-translated website, to actually appeal to anyone outside the hardcore. The search function is dodgy as well. I'm glad you find the whole thing acceptable though. It puts me off

I went to the login page there and it came up entirely in English for me, as does everything on the site. And then I noticed that under the big NJPW World symbol on the top left hand side of the page, it was 'Japanese | English' written on it, while on mine it said ' 日本語 | English'. Basically if you click where it says 'English' there the log in bit will turn into English. It is not a half translated website.

Advertisement