Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Enigma2 Transfer Channel List via USB

Options
  • 06-01-2018 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hello,

I've recently bought an Edision OS Mega. I'm trying to sort the channel lists. From reading these forums the recommended programs seems to be:

echannelizer.com
    dreamboxedit.com/en

The problem is that both of these want to connect to the STB via a local network. I don't have any network at home, I just use mobile hotspot which doesn't appear to allow networking. Is it possible to transfer the channel lists via USB from STB to my computer, edit it, then transfer back?

I've googled around but cannot find a solution (that said I'm very much a newbie so not sure if I'm just googling the wrong terms???)

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,542 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

It is possible to do this just using the remote but it is VERY cumbersome. Bring up the channel list and then hit MENU to see a list of options. If the box already has a plugin called 'dreamexplorer' installed it might be possible to extract, edit and re-install the favourites list. Again this would be very cumbersome and relatively complex. It would take me ages just to type out the sequence. You really should consider setting up a basic home network as you are missing out on many of the boxes really useful functions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

I guess he want to download the bouqet files to a usb and edit them and then flash them back.

Bit of a nightmare.

You could just connect your laptop to the box with an ethernet cable I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 philteare

Thanks guys, advice is very much appreciated. I dug out an old router and used that and it did the job. Alas we've no broadband here but it still worked just to connect to the box.

Thanks again!

Advertisement